We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
Here are some phrases from Student Programs’ EVP that you can weave into your job summary to make it more attractive to our customers
- At Amazon, you will define your goals, exceed them, and set new ones.
- If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place.
- We continuously grow and improve.
- We want to you to feel welcomed, included and valued right from the start. We know that your experiences will help us build a better world.
- Though we’re a global company comprised of diverse individuals, we unite around our pursuit of to deliver on behalf of our customers.
- Our primary purpose is to make our customers’ lives easier. Your work will contribute to that purpose. Here, your voice and ideas can produce the breakthroughs.
- We think ahead and put long-term value over short-term wins. We believe in investing in your future.
- We want you to be the best version of yourself – to continuously evolve and improve.
- With us, you’ll get good at making fast decisions, taking calculated risks and fearlessly chasing excellence.
- We make the impossible, possible.
- We aim for the ultimate simplicity to make customers’ lives easier. That’s why we need people who are innovators and disruptors. People who dive deep and think big.
As a security engineer, you will:
- Create and execute security controls, defences, and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal and/or external attacks, seeking guidance from your team and manager.
- Develop, test, review, debug, or deploy code that supports security protocols.
- Work effectively with your team to identify security problems and improve the security aspects of their service(s).
- Assess risks that could affect the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data, systems, or services.
- Resolve security events, incidents, or conduct security assessments using penetration tests, ethical hacking tools, or risk mitigation methodologies to evaluate vulnerabilities.
- Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with policy or best practices.
- Troubleshoot, research the root causes, and resolve security risks.
About The Team
If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place. Depending on your location, country, job status and other requirements, some or all of the following benefits may be available to you as an intern.
- Competitive pay
- Impactful project and internship/role deliverables
- Hybrid working (team dependent)
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns
- Internships events such as speaker series, intern panels, Leadership Principles sessions, Amazon writing skills sessions.
- Mentorship and career development
If you’re successful during your internship, you could be considered for a graduate role after finishing your university studies
Internship start dates vary throughout the year(2023).
Internship length can vary between (3 months to 6 months)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, cybersecurity or related fields.
- Experience with at least one programming (e.g., Java, C++) or functional scripting language (e.g., SQL, Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting).
- Knowledge of computer architectures, networking, databases, and operating systems.
- Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a graduation date between June 2023 and June 2025
- Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts.
- Familiarity with database design, storage, & big data concepts.
- Understanding of encryption mechanisms and technologies.
- Experience with network troubleshooting (across OSI layers).
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Al Bawabah Al Aminah Lesenaet
Job ID: A2273948
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn