About the GAC Group
Since our beginnings in 1956, the GAC Group has been in business to help our customers’ businesses by providing the best in shipping, logistics and marine services around the world and we have the reach, resources, expertise and experience to deliver on that promise.
Our people work hard to deliver excellence in everything we do. We are always on the look-out for professionals with qualities that match the GAC corporate philosophy. If you fit the bill, we’ll welcome you to a work environment that values experience, innovation, dedication and mutual respect, guided by the GAC Spirit which emphasises loyalty and responsibility between management and staff and two-way responsibility. The GAC Group is an equal opportunity employer.
About GAC Corporate Headquarters
GAC Corporate Headquarters is located in Jebel Ali, Dubai, and hosts our support functions from Legal and HR to Finance.
GAC Corporate Headquarters is now looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team. Could it be you?
The position is that of an Accountant to handle invoicing, recharges, general accounts, month accruals, prepayments and such other accounting tasks. The tasks are time sensitive and has strict monthly deadlines. The HQ Accounts team sit in an open plan office for efficient collaboration. We work 40h per week Monday to Friday. The role reports to our Finance Manager.
The Accountabilities And Objectives For The Role Are
- Handle Group recharges for GAC associate companies including insurances, subscriptions, courier charges, business cards and other employment-related costs.
- Monitor monthly closure accounting entries, ensuring monthly accruals, pre-paid, job and expense invoices, etc. that have to be booked in the system prior to monthly closure.
- Handle other associate Group company accounting. Ensure voucher codification, data entry, preparation for monthly accruals, monthly closure, monthly result report, and meet specifications for audit purposes.
- Ensure daily Group Treasury Centre (GTC) sweeping entries and monthly GTC associates netting entries are correctly updated in the system.
- Daily management of postings of accounting entries to ensure all receipts/payments, banking and cash transactions, supplier invoices and other regular transactions are carried out as per company procedures.
- Provide reports to management as and when required.
- Liaise with Managers to ensure recognition of accruals and accounting purchase transactions.
- Provide backup support to cover tasks of colleagues on leave. Basic understanding of VAT, WHT and tax matters related to both sales and purchase invoices
- Minimum of a graduate degree in Accounting & Commerce or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of qualified accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English (Verbal and Written).
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Accounting software user knowledge and experience.
- Postgraduate degree in Accounting & Commerce or equivalent.
As a GAC colleague you will
- Become part of the GAC global community. We are proud of our company culture which values all employees and recognises that there is more to them than their job title.
- Join a multinational organisation in a dynamic working environment.
- Face challenges to help both you and our organisation grow.
- Join us on our journey to a more sustainable future.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the GAC HQ accounts team, we look forward to receiving your application.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn