CLOSING DATE 08 JULY 2022.
NOTE: Please only apply if you have sufficient experience and skills required as per job description below.
As Regional AP Accountant, this position will be responsible for leading many aspects of NOV’s Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process excellence but specifically focused on Invoice Processing and Payments. The Procure-to-Pay scope includes purchase requisition, purchase order, invoice and payment processing, expense reporting, procurement card programs, issue resolution, Bank reconciliation, GRNI Reconciliation, PO cleansing, Vendor cleansing and exception handling. This position will focus on process optimization, efficiency, effectiveness, standardization, and education across CAPS ME, as well as help build a culture of continuous process improvement. It will also help ensure quality reporting, systems security, policy compliance, sound financial controls and an excellent user experience. Initially the role will need to identify process breaks, establish processes and bring process standardization, process improvement and automation in Accounts Payable area.
- Ensure all Vendor invoices are processed in timely manner for allocated ledgers as per NOV policy
- All Vendor invoices are processed by checking the respective documents and following the policy of NOV
- Timeliness in processing invoices is critical as it is business demand
- Processing invoices accurately
- Do a root cause analysis of approval efficiency and work with relevant stakeholders to fix process breaks and ensure continuous process improvements in all P2P in efficiencies
- Maintain production log and needs to ensure timely follow up with respective stake holders in case of dispute
- Creation of Payment files on time as per the process standardization
- Perform Payment approval review before it is sent to Manager or controller for approval
- Work on Bank reconciliation during month end
- Perform Vendor reconciliation for all Category vendors and ensure the unreconciled items are cleared before month end
- Ensure that all AP activities are performed as per the agreed governance, guiding, and educating the wider teams on the correct ways of working and making improvements if necessary
- Accurate maintenance of P2P Team records; produce regular reports on the demand/input through the Team and presenting at Team meetings
- Spot checks on Quotes, price comparison and background checks on supplier as requested by Senior Management
- Strong awareness of internal control and security concerns.
- Process documentation and reporting, as needed.
- Help support in developing the use of robotics, AI and Machine learning
- Support External Audits and SOX activities
- Open GRNI and Open PO review
- Aged AP balances to be closed on time
- Validate Trial balance of Trade Creditors
- GRNI Reconciliation and SL- GL Reconciliations
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills along with Presentation skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management and meeting tight deadlines
- Expert in bringing Structure and alignment to disintegrated processes
- Continuous improvement Mindset
- Customer handling and support
- Effective Quality check skills
- Knowledge in RACI and RACM
- Ability to identify opportunities and take necessary actions to continuously improve procure to pay process
- Aptitude to solve problems that are not clearly defined, require research and/or engagement of functional leaders to define and solve.
- Ability to role up sleeves and build processes from scratch
(Education/No. of Years of Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting required
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience and knowledge in Procure to Pay in MNC/ Shared Services
- Transformation experience within the Procure to Pay Strong awareness of internal control and security
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, especially in Excel (Pivot tables)
- SAGE ERP working knowledge
- Proven ability to deliver high levels of customer service to both Internal and External customers.
- Master’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting required
- 10+ years of Experience
- Strong awareness of internal control and security
- Excel Macros/ basic programming
- Alteryx/ Data warehouse
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
Completion & Production Solutions
Through NOV Completion & Production Solutions, we serve well intervention service providers and oil and gas producers, and we pursue opportunities around hydraulic fracture stimulation, wellbore intervention equipment, composite tubulars, pumps, floating production systems, and subsea production technologies. Our integrated approach delivers greater certainty, reliability, and peace of mind.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn