Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products Qudra (APQ) is a regional development and investment joint venture (JV) between Air Products and Qudra Energy, a subsidiary of Vision Invest. Air Products is a world-leading industrial gases company developing, engineering, building, owning and operating many of the world’s largest industrial gas projects. Vision Invest is a leading development and investment Holding Company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with a diversified portfolio of investments across several sectors such as Utility, Infrastructure, Logistics and Industrial Gases with a global operational investment footprint.
NATURE & SCOPE
This position will provide Electrical Engineering support to ongoing plant operations, projects from development to start up, and will lead asset management/productivity initiatives for all the APQ Operations Facilities in the Region through the coordination of the activities from the engineers & operations teams stationed at plants. The position will also support the Equipment Sales and Plant Support team as available in providing similar services to Air Products joint ventures, sale of equipment and potential new customers in the Region.
The Electrical Engineer, reporting to the APQ Engineering Manager, provides day to day technical support to the Regional Sites to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient operations. The role supports the Equipment Sales and Plant Support team in providing similar services to our joint venture partners, sale of equipment and new customers.
Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries. Ensure proper documentation is maintained for safety related activities.
- Provide engineering evaluation & determinations, issue technical direction & guidance, and oversee inspection & quality assurance initiatives for all aspects of electrical systems including: troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities.
- Maintain responsibility for the long-term electrical planning and support with respect to protective relay programming, operational changes, and preventive maintenance
- Provide engineering support & guidance during the construction & commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate documentation for plant’s electrical equipment and validate single line electrical drawings for the plant’s electrical distribution systems. Monitor quality assurance initiatives.
- Provide engineering guidance to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Provide engineering input for development and maintenance of Electrical systems & equipment standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts, and contractor selection guidelines.
- Develop detailed engineering specifications, evaluate quotations, perform technical bid evaluations & vendor document review, and validate factory acceptance testing related to the procurement of Electrical equipment and system components.
- Provide engineering input for development and maintenance of electrical systems & equipment standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts, and contractor selection guidelines.
- Lead and provide technical support services in the new installation, existing plant modifications, on-going operations, and continuous improvement and maintenance activities for the facilities in the Region. Ensure the activities related meet legal requirements and comply with Air Products safety and technical standards.
- Provide Technical Sales Support to the Equipment Sales & Product Services Team for new installations, existing plant modifications, on-going operations, and continuous improvement and maintenance activities for Air Products joint ventures, sale of equipment and potential new customers in the Region. The support will be provided by either onsite visits, phone support, or from the Process Intelligence Center via mentored monitoring capabilities.
- Provide technical support and safety leadership for MOC’s, OPHR’s, and other safety related initiatives in order to drive process safety compliance. Consult APQ process safety personnel as required for additional technical support.
Repair & Maintenance
- Establish & maintain close working relationships with operations and maintenance personnel to continuously monitor & evaluate plant Electrical systems & equipment.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive electrical systems & equipment risk-based maintenance plan. Provide appropriate technical guidance and detailed instructions to schedule, execute, and monitor compliance of plans.
- Perform all necessary High/Medium/Low Voltage switching activities as required
- Collect data and provide input to a Risk Management Plan for each facility supported to anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Provide guidance to help develop and implement engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other conditions which adversely impact plant operations.
- Develop and implement inspection & test plans for operation of Electrical systems & equipment during fabrication / installation / repair activities.
- Provide engineering support and participate / lead incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis. Identify & implement sustainable corrective action(s).
- Provide engineering guidance to the Maintenance team in setting spare parts inventory levels, manage quality, and provide input to inventory strategies.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering graduate (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering as a minimum preferred) with >10 years of related process automation experience in chemical / refinery / gas plant maintenance / inspection / engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience performing detailed power system engineering studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, arc flash, etc., and establish appropriate protective device settings.
- Demonstrated “hands-on” ability to configure, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair various plant electrical instrumentation related to electrical relays, amps, voltage, megger, ground fault detection, etc..
- Fundamental understanding of electrical networks is required. Candidates should also possess demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, an ability to think logically and systematically. Certificate from an accredited training curriculum in classroom and practical applications for low and high voltage required.
- Knowledge & understanding with the principles of: Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Safety Instrumented System (SIS), Safety Instrumented Function (SIF), Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA, ASME, etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn