The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire an Assistant Manager – Base Operations for one of its contract, MELABS in Dubai. The purpose of this position is to assist the Base Operations Manager to manage, develop and coordinate Base Operations services under the Contract. The purpose includes assisting the Base Operations Manager to achieve contractual and internal targets for quality, safety, operations, service reliability and achievement of customer service standards, supervision of internal and external staff, along with a panel of subcontractors working for Base Operations
- Assist to manage all Scheduled Maintenance Services IAW approved Scheduled Maintenance Plans (SMPs) for: Facilities, grounds, fixed plant and equipment, fire suppression and alarm systems, Generators, catering equipment, medical equipment, domestic and office-based appliances, furniture and fittings, and other mobile plant and materiel third parties.
- Responsible for ensuring that subordinates register assets in the Asset Register and accurate records of all services are performed on the asset. Additionally, the updated Asset register should always be accurate and available for audits and for Contract Change Proposals (CCP).
- Assist with managing the scheduled and un-scheduled Maintenance Activities (raised through reactive Work Orders), in accordance to the contractual agreements between SERCO MELABS and Australian Defence Force (ADF) recorded through Contract Work Breakdown Dictionary (CWBD).
- Take the lead in ensuring timely responses to requests for all Maintenance Services from the Contact-Centre. Requests will be classified as ‘Urgent1, ‘Priority’ or ‘Routine’ or make safe within agreed timeframes
What We Are Looking For In Our Candidates
- Ability to multi-task and analyse situations promptly and without bias to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardizing human safety, quality and the committed performance targets.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills; complex systems and possess good IT skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Must have as a minimum, a valid technical qualification (i.e. mechanical, electrical, HVAC etc.);
- Must have as a minimum, a valid Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Certification, or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferred in building services, facilities management, industrial or commercial maintenance environment; Supervisory experience within a similar environment.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We Take Pride In What We Do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn