Job #: req20277 Organization: IFC Sector: Investment Grade: GF Term Duration: 3 years 0 months Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment Location: Amman,Jordan Required Language(s): English Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 12/31/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle-income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is one of IFC’s key Departments responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability, and development reach, approximately 40%. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services.
The FIG’s Middle East, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Central Asia, and Turkey (FIG MCT) team is based across the region with main hubs and locations in Istanbul, Dubai, Karachi, Amman, and Almaty. The team members work on both new business development and processing, and portfolio management across the region.
The FIG MCT team is seeking to hire an Associate Investment Officer based in Amman, Jordan to help grow and develop business in MCT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to:
- Lead and/or coordinate mapping and screening business opportunities in infrastructure sectors; undertaking market research and performing corresponding integrity checks.
- Collaborate in developing client strategies and engagement plans and pitchbooks for various sectors and countries, and conduct sector analysis to be used as input to sector strategies.
- Support the development of a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities by anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge.
- Draft and present concept review notes for discussion with management of relevant business opportunities.
- Support transaction teams during investment due diligence. Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions from the mandate stage.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, legal and technical specialists in order to add value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Support negotiation/documentation stages of transactions; use strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in straightforward and complex transactions.
- Actively manage and/or support portfolio investments, including potentially restructurings, rescheduling, processing waivers, disbursements, capital increases, equity sales etc.
- Support teams managing relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Gather market intelligence, analyze strategically important portfolio trends, and emerging risks and opportunities.
- Perform credit and risk assessments, financial projections, covenant compliance reviews (debt), and monitor changes to risk flags for determining performance assigned to a portfolio, with limited supervision. Supervise and ensure quality of portfolio reporting information prepared by junior staff, providing broader industry, subsector, and country perspective into project risks and issues.
- MBA or equivalent qualification with specialization in finance
- At least 5 years’ working experience in finance and banking with a proven track-record of supporting the origination process, structuring, closing investments, portfolio work and supervision as well as clients’ relationship. Strong preference for someone with investment experience in the financial sector
- Demonstrated sound business judgment, problem solving, strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity)
- Financial modeling skills
- Client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively
- Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn