About us Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy. Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family. Conveniently located in the center of Salmiya, Holiday Inn Kuwait Salmiya is only a 20-minute drive from Kuwait International Airport, the Avenues Mall, 360 mall and a few minutes away from the local main attractions including the famous Kuwait Beach Front, the Marina shopping Mall & Marina Crescent, Abdullah Al-Saleem Cultural Center, Kuwait City and The Scientific Center, The Corniche and to the city center making it an ideal place to stay around for business or leisure.
Your day to day
- Familiar and complies with the hotels mission and standards in performing maintenance activities.
- Maximise maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and owners satisfaction.
- Represents the engineering department during the daily HOD morning meetings.
- Prioritise, plan, schedule assign and supervise the engineering department staff.
- Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Respond to guest’s maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to hotel standards.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical. mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Installation & maintenance of all equipment related to HVAC, DG Sets, Water treatment, Fire Safety etc.
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
- Prepare reports as required by the Housekeeping Manager and Hotel Manager.
- Ensure that stores have adequate stocks of materials, equipment and tools and are kept in a clean and safe environment.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness and safety aspects of all plant and mechanical equipment rooms.
- Attend all Facility Management/Property meetings as required, passing on necessary information to the maintenance team in regular junior staff meetings.
- Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform daily and weekly property document inspections.
- Ensure property, grounds, physical plant and work areas are maintained to standard and that all safety equipment and conditions are to code.
- Establish and maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements
- Provide training to staff on supplies, inventory, maintenance and ordering procedures.
- Train engineering department staff on correct maintenance procedures and assists in repairs as needed.
- Maintain, monitor and test hotel’s emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, baggage scanners etc.
- Discuss with HM / Owner / Department heads on maintenance status and inspection reports.
- Respond to corporate and management inquires.
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs.
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimise expenses.
- Ensure maintenance staff is wearing proper uniforms with name tag and upholds hotels grooming and hygiene standards.
- Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. What we need from you The position of Chief Engineer is responsible for the efficient operation of the hotel property and all its equipment, ancillary maintenance and repair services and protection of the Owner’s asset. Structural aspects of the hotel as well as the maintenance of grounds and external facilities all fall within the span of responsibility. Under the guidance of the Hotel Manager assists in coordinating the engineering operations of the hotel in line with InterContinental Hotels Group standards to ensure maximum efficiency and guest satisfaction What we offer In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including paid vacation with tickets. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn & Suites and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn