We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
To ensure that mechanical design integrity is not compromised while managing the mechanical engineering department in the execution of the project.
- Overall supervision of the mechanical team.
- Technical competence of Mechanical engineering personnel.
- Technical competency in rotating and static equipment.
- Forecast requirement for Mechanical engineering resources and allocate those resources.
- Mechanical design integrity of workscope and maintenance of standards.
- Identify instrument/electrical software necessary to enable mechanical group to function effectively.
- Aware of latest technology including the latest mechanical tool and software.
- Inter discipline communication development.
- Mechanical group communication development.
- Prepare mechanical manhour estimate to perform project tasks.
- Check compliance with Alliance QA/safety/environment goals.
- Promote Alliance culture in instrument/electrical engineering group.
- Manage mechanical design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Promote career development within the group.
- Identify and review new technology development which could be applicable in providing more cost effective facilities.
- Technical supervision of project designated mechanical engineers in the execution of their duty.
- Prepare weekly mechanical progress and expenditure reports on a project specific basis.
- Benchmark mechanical design and identify areas of improvement.
- Mentoring the mechanical engineers in the department.
- Multi discipline technical coordination and interaction.
- Consistently completes work within budgeted hours.
- Proactive in transferring skills and sharing knowledge.
- Competently prepares proposals and reports.
- Contributes to technology selection studies, process simplification, customized stantards, value engineering constructability review, 3D CAD review and cost estimates.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Experience with the development of layouts for new facilities
- Experienced in the specification, evaluation and documentation of equipment.
- Work is performed in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them.
- Vast experience with design of pumps, compressors and process equipment. (Experience in tubines will be an asset).
- Experience in brown fields & asset services type project / contracts.
- Experience with interface between MTOs and procurement system.
- Experience with tender package preparation.
- Experience in Installation, Construction and Commissioning.
- Understand key equipment fabrication and maintenance requirements.
- Experience in process plant layout.
Industry Specific Experience
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 15 years design experience within the oil and gas industry, with last 5 years’ at least, leading a team of mechanical discipline engineers and designers
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the mechanical discipline in the same or similar
- industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Able to work in diverse team
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Highly effective people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Highly effective management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands Worley Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Good English communication skills (spoken & written)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn