About the job
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a Cloud & IP Solution Support Expert, who will be responsible for analyzing, learning, orchestrating, and troubleshooting customer solutions during E2E network level problems. In this role, you will also be working with different telco applications teams for resolving the cloud infrastructure & IP Infrastructure related problems. The role demands extensive technical skills to define the problem statement and connect various application and infra layer outcomes to narrow down the issue to resolve it at a faster pace.
- Investigate, deliver remedy & restorations and produce solutions to CSRs (Customer Service Requests) reported by customers.
- Work within well-defined system support guidelines & participate in software upgrades and updates.
- Should be able to use support tools for ticket handling.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with the performance of installed systems by successful handling and reporting of all technical problems.
- Provide regular progress updates in the support system for each assigned support issue.
- Through contact with external customers and internal support functions gather data and information about any specific problem that has been reported.
- Actively engage in communication with other engineers for the purpose of knowledge sharing etc.
- If the CSR cannot be answered/solved within the time limit, escalate the Trouble report to next level of competence units.
- Evaluation of answers and solutions received from higher competence units to verify that the answer/ solution will clear the problem reported by the customer.
- In the line of supporting our products, identify possible improvements to the products that will make them more maintainable and user friendly.
- Document these possible improvements in Requirement Specifications as input to the design of new generations of the products.
- Registration of new known solutions and updating of existing known solutions based on the answers / solutions developed within own Line-organization or received from elsewhere.
- Handover of problems that are deemed necessary to be continuously worked on to an individual at the next organization within the “Follow the Sun” concept.
- Maintain system configuration records for SW, Market Features and Network Configurations for assigned customer.
- Giving guidance in developing Operation & Maintenance instructions Implementation of proactive maintenance procedures.
- Work with Configuration Management to access needed information for standard and customized solutions.
- Isolate the product faults and raise the Trouble report (TR). Evaluate the answer provided to TR and support design unit to reproduce the fault.
- Ensure the quality of Emergency corrections and Intermediate correction packages delivered to customer.
- May need to work in shifts and Emergencies Support rota.
- Initiatives will be continuously required to improve the working efficiency of the team to bring it to accepted Global practices.
- Lead and execute the implementation of new software releases.
- Writing documents for fault analysis/ RCA along with required preventive and corrective actions.
- Strong analytical skills & 24*7 availability as per support guidelines.
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- 5 years’ experience in support, operation or integration in Cloud and IP domain
- Deep Knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu/RedHat desirable) including extensive Hands on and Administration
- IP Networking knowledge (switching/routing/firewall)
- Troubleshooting skills on Routers, Switches and Firewalls (Juniper, Extreme, F5, CISCO, Fortinet)
- Virtualization (KVM/VMware)
- Mirantis / RedHat OpenStack Knowledge
- Scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl etc.)
- MySQL database knowledge /Administration
- Understanding of standards in cloud domain.
- Virtual Machines internetworking knowledge
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Data center Management of large-scale IT infrastructure
- DELL/HP server platforms knowledge
- Extreme/Pluribus/Cisco switches/routers knowledge
- Open Virtual Switch (OVS) knowledge
- Knowledge of storage technologies – EMC VNX, SCALEIO etc.
- Software defined Storage – Nexenta
- Dockers/containers using Linux.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: Jordan (JO) || Jordan : Amman : Amman || Egypt : Cairo : Cairo || Egypt : Cairo : Smart Village || Pakistan : Federal : Islamabad || Turkey : Ankara : Ankara || Turkey : Istanbul : Istanbul || Turkey : Izmir : Izmir
Req ID: 711909
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn