Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Infrastructure Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) focusing on Azure Infrastructure Innovation to join the Customer Success Unit within the Middle Eastern Cluster (MEC). This customer-facing position is a hands-on technical role spanning across design, build, and operations with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer technical obstacles and adoption challenges.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for technical customer engagements, working with the most challenging and exciting projects within Microsoft MEC customer base. You will work with select customers to lead deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers. You will collaborate with a variety of internal and external teams to develop pilots and oversee implementation projects, ensuring technical blockers are removed on adoption. You will drive technical intensity of developers and create communities within customers. And you will collaborate with Product engineering to share feedback into the development of Microsoft products and help develop Azure platforms.
Key Responsibilities Include
Understand customers’ overall cloud portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and scalable cloud solutions leveraging expertise in cloud infrastructure solutions (Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, HPC, containers and Infra as a code technologies).
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a migration and modernization roadmap with customers using the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF). Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Ensure all solutions leverage the design and operations guidance according to the Well-Architected framework across all pillars, including performance efficiency, security, operational excellence, reliability, and cost optimization
- Run Architectural Design Sessions to build plan for implementing solution –governing design in line with customer business goals and their technical environment. Outcome is consensus on solution design and next steps toward production. Use CAF Landing Zones to rapidly prototype and deliver proof-of-concepts that accelerate production deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove blockers
- Troubleshoot technical issues to prove the value of implementation of Azure technologies
- Assess the customer knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure delivery through partners
- Collaborate with others in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
- Build and grow developer communities by driving activities including OpenHacks, Workshops
Experiences Required – Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional Experience. 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture and design or implementation of Cloud and/or hybrid computing environments Required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. Required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies Required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Administrators and Developers) Required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management Required
- Experience with management of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, VMware, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers, HPC, and Infra as a code technologies) Required
- Experience with Identity/Security (Azure): Identity, Security Architecture, Security Management and Network Security Required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) Required
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio). Preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred. Preferred
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: Cloud Infrastructure, Data Analytics, Networking, Security, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
- Certification in one or more of the following programming languages preferred: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, Python
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle Preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn