Requisition ID: req28903
Job Title: Consultant for development of Fundraising Strategy
Employment Category: Consultant
Employment Type: Part-Time
Compensation: USD 0.00 – 0.00 Hourly
Working under the supervision of the IRC Jordan Deputy Director of Programs (DDP), the Consultant will be responsible for the development of the Business Development Strategy for 2022-26 for the IRC Jordan Country Program (CP). The position will liaise with the DDP, Country Director, Deputy Director Finance (DDF), Program and Grants Coordinators, all based in Amman, and with relevant staff at IRC’s Headquarters (HQ) who support donor engagement and business development.
The Consultant will be based in Amman, with possible, though limited, travel to field sites.
Terms of Reference
Development of Fundraising Strategy 2022-26 for Jordan Country Program
- Purpose of the consultancy
The purpose of the proposed assignment is to complete a high-quality Business Development strategy for IRC in Jordan ensuring linkages with the IRC Jordan Strategy Action Plan FY2022-26 and the global IRC Strategy100 (S100).
The proposed assignment will start ASAP for a period lasting 5 weeks, including at least two weeks of in-office work in Amman, with the remainder of the work to be completed remotely or in-office, as preferred.
- High level context analysis report on funding opportunities to Jordan, including cross border, including a concise context analysis
- High-level overview report of the competitive landscape and funding landscape in Jordan including an analysis of IRC’s competition in Jordan
- Map and research opportunities, donors and partners in Jordan, including analysis of key donor documents and trends, identification of donor priorities, and IRC’s unique advantages and competitiveness within the context.
- Gather detailed intelligence on donor priorities, trends, and processes, as well as on donor and partner perception of IRC from relevant sources including IRC staff, partners, key donors, and desk research to inform a competitive analysis of IRC in Jordan.
- Produce a high-level report documenting above findings, that will become a part of the Fundraising Strategy – by week 1 of the consultancy.
- Donor mapping
- Review and update IRC’s donor mapping documents – by week 2 of consultancy
- Business Development Strategy 2022-26
- Based on detailed review of the S100, SAP for Jordan, IRC sector Theories of Change, updated competitive landscape, and donor mapping, triangulate donor priorities and strategies into IRC’s priorities and strengths, noting key areas of overlap and key opportunities for greater engagement.
- Present a SWOT analysis within the document to detail, in a digestible manner, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for IRC to engage donors based on the above findings, separate for humanitarian and development programs.
- Present a sheet identifying donor strategic priorities for the period 22 – 26.
- Highlight key points for advocacy within the business development strategy.
- Present the above-listed information, and other key data points and analyses, in an action-oriented business development strategy document – by week 3 of the consultancy
- Finalize the document based on IRC staff feedback – by week 5 of the consultancy.
- The Donor Engagement Plan
- Based on the Business Development Strategy, devise a donor engagement plan for key identified donors in the strategy period with detailed breakdown for each year pf the strategy, specifying strategies for existing donors and for new donors – by week 4 of the consultancy. This has to include development of key visuals to present to donors, aligned with their strategy.
Key Deliverables Summary With Timeline
- High-level overview context analysis report of funding opportunities to Jordan, including cross-border – first week of consultancy
- High level overview report of competition and funding landscape in Jordan, including climate change and refugees (camp particularly) – second week of consultancy
- Updated and comprehensive donor mapping created, including MENA/Gulf donors – by third week of consultancy
- Business Development Strategy aligned with Strategic Action Plan of IRC. – fourth week of consultancy
- Donor Engagement Plan for each year of the business development strategy, including positioning and communication action plan – fifth week of consultancy
- Creation of key visuals to help with fundraising related to the strategy – ready for donor meetings (summary of achievements overall and per sector, visuals, all other material agreed). – fifth week of consultancy
- Fluent English skills (written and verbal) required.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Familiarity with Jordanian context preferred.
- Familiarity with donor context in Jordan preferred, including MENA, Gulf donors and refugee funding streams
- Familiarity with key institutional donors strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with key private foundations preferred.
- Familiarity with key MENA donors preferred.
- At least five years of experience working in fundraising/grants management/program management, proposal/business development/design, in the humanitarian or development sectors required.
- Good communicator with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills; flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to take constructive feedback.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in a limited timeframe.
- Strong computer skills required, including use of file sharing, communication, and
- MS Office package software at an advanced level.
- Maximum 2-page proposed approach, plan and timeline for completing the assignment
- A CV (maximum 3 pages)
- Past performance references for similar assignments with an expression of interest detailing how skills and experience fit the criteria (maximum 1 page).
- Example of previous work
- Cost proposal, including all costs necessary to complete the assignment, and distinguishing (at a minimum) between: a) Individual consultants’ number of days and daily professional fee rates and b) Other costs to be specified
- Confirmation of availability for this assignment duration
- Highlight any operational obstacles that is or might affect programs activities or any of the related TOR major points and recommend solutions that will make process easier.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn