Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Operating Unit Overview
Our Accounting Advisory team currently has exciting opportunities within its UAE based team. Our team provides complex accounting and reporting advice on a variety of projects and transactions to a variety of clients across government related entities, corporates and family businesses.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated accountant with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects, a strong technical knowledge and a commercially rounded mindset, and an ability to work in a demanding project and transaction environment.
- As a Manager, you will be required to assist the leadership team in building a long term vision and strategy to continue to grow the business. You will also take ownership in business development activities and shall start pursuing opportunities and leading their delivery;
- You will also be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed documentation;
- With the appropriate guidance and training from the more experienced members in the team, you will be required to develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the Accounting Advisory offering and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market. Similarly, you will be required to coach and develop the more junior members in the team;
- The role also requires the candidate to have a solid knowledge of IFRS and being able to conduct in depth researches on complex matters, prepare technical papers for discussion with global industry experts and apply his critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust advice and solutions;
- You will be primarily based in our Amman office, serving our local clients in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but also working with colleagues within the Middle Region.
- You are also anticipated to have a large amount of interaction with the other PwC lines of services (such as tax, legal, deals, etc.) which requires a high-level understanding of the wider PwC offering and trends outside your core area of expertise.
- You will be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with clients and colleagues. You will be expected to have significant interactions with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors typically involved in high profile regional transactions.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of the PwC business. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- You will be reporting directly to the leadership team and will be provided with the opportunity to contribute in our medium to long term strategy.
- You will be based in Amman, with the ability and willingness to travel to Saudi Arabia on a frequent basis.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance;
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, ACCA, CPA;
- Years of Experience: 6-8 years of audit or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm. Any accounting advisory experience is beneficial. Similarly, any experience in the GCC would be beneficial;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles;
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn