Job Description & Summary
Deals – Data Analytics Senior Consultant –Amman
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Business Unit Overview
In an increasingly digitised world, data stored by organisations is increasing in volume and complexity. Data analytics is the discovery of valuable insights within data, often to measure historic events or to predict the likelihood of future ones.
Much of our work requires analysing vast quantities of electronic data, using cutting-edge technology and advanced statistical techniques to extract meaningful insights for our worldwide clients.
- Build detailed understanding of a business’ performance and support clients make investment decisions that is based on facts, not just intuition
- Assist with prevention, continuous monitoring, detection and investigation of fraud, waste and financial crime
- Help clients manage vast amounts of electronic data and navigate the legal and business processes that are mandated by critical events
- Apply advanced data analytics techniques such as data linking, social network analysis, statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive modelling
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Work with engagement teams to understand clients requirements (either Internal or external) and develop analytics based solutions.
- Identify internal and external data sources required to fulfil client requirements.
- Extract, cleanse and analyse identified data sources.
- Experience and understand the concepts of ETL, data model and storytelling.
- Work with senior team members to uncover hidden patterns within data and predict the likelihood of future ones.
- Develop interactive dashboards and business intelligence reports.
- Communicate simple, practical explanations of your analysis and work with engagement teams to facilitate data-driven decision making for clients across the region.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for the business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- The candidate should be achievement oriented, with the ability to be flexible and adaptive to a fast paced working environment.
- The ideal candidate is expected to work well both independently and as part of a team, demonstrating enthusiasm and high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Ability to lead yourself and others so you can deliver results in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate way.
- Willing to learn and bring in innovative and fresh thinking to create distinctive value for our clients.
- Skilled at building and maintaining strong relationships within the wider business network .
- Team player and willing to exchange knowledge with others.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines,whilst maintaining a resilient, positive attitude.
- Basic knowledge of statistical techniques including; regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- 2-3 years of experience in the field of Data Analytics
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or IT.
- Knowledge in data extraction, analysis, cleansing, validation and manipulation
- Handling large data volumes and variety of different sources and formats
- Exposure to data analysis and manipulation with any of the following software: SQL, R, Alteryx, Tableau and/or PowerBI,
- Understanding of scripting languages such as Python, PHP or VB
- Understanding of programming languages such as Java, C++, C# or Matlab
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speakers are preferred.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn