ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
We are the leading provider of worldwide smart end-to-end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain – from maritime and inland terminals to marine services and industrial parks as well as technology-driven customer solutions.
We deliver these services through an interconnected global network of 295 business units in 78 countries across six continents, with a significant presence both in high-growth and mature markets. Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship into our activities, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 97,657 from 158 nationalities are committed to delivering unrivalled value to our customers and partners. We do this by focusing on mutually beneficial relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain – relationships built on a foundation of mutual trust and enduring partnership.
We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading digital technology to further broaden our vision to disrupt world trade and create the smartest, most efficient and innovative solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.
The role provides expertise and guidance in all areas of organisation support, including: HR & business strategy alignment, organisation design, workforce planning, talent acquisition, employee engagement, culture and change management, leadership development and coaching, talent development, succession planning and compensation & benefits.
The HRBP formulates partnerships across the business to deliver value-added service and integrated solutions to management and employees that supports and enables high productivity. This role translates pillar level strategies into tangible HR regional and country business plans as required.
- Formulate the HR pillar strategies aligned to DP World group strategy and KPI priorities that run across the other DPW verticals
- Define the blueprint for expanding logistics capabilities in geographies, including liaising with Group Talent Development and Talent Acquisition as applicable for sourcing
- Support the regional People leaders in applying Pillar HR strategy to local HR priorities
- Provide expert, strategic and regulatory advice on planning, management and engagement of their workforce
- Ensure that inclusion and diversity is embedded in people strategies, plans and tactics and is evidenced in output
- Identify business priorities, objectives and related needs of the Ports & Terminals (P&T) and Logistics Pillars, in coordination with stakeholders, to translate the needs into actionable HR plans
- Act as a prime point of contact within the Ports & Terminals (P&T) and Logistics Pillars to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of HR programmes and services
- Coach and advise management on finding the right balance between HR strategy and business priorities of the organisation and the realities, constraints and need for consistency within the Ports & Terminals and Logistics Pillars
- Support/advise other possible stakeholders (e.g., finance, M&A…) on special projects related to strategic business decisions and impacting the Ports & Terminals and Logistics Pillars
- Advise and support business leaders and people managers and directly execute the following responsibilities in collaboration with Group People HR Centres of Expertise and Regional People Leads to ensure aligned, fit for purpose business solutions as applicable:
- design and definition of new and changing job roles
- performance management and cascade of Pillar objectives, talent reviews, gap assessments; particular emphasis on identification and talent management of emerging and high potential talent for the Pillars
- learning and development including new skill identification and plans, developing tailored learning paths and standard capability programmes, career and succession planning and leadership development within the Pillars
- organisation design and development, as well as change management impacting Pillars
- talent pipeline management and labour capacity forecasting taking into consideration growth and succession planning
- talent acquisition efforts by applying robust methods of interviewing and selection ensuring best fit for the organisation
- employee engagement and retention activities
- reward management including compensation and benefits aligned to the Pillars
- Partner with Ports & Terminals and Logistics Pillar leaders to develop and embed a high productivity organisational culture and assist in driving broad change.
- Ensure roles are aligned with the overall global job architecture supporting organisational efficiency productivity, innovation and agility
- Use relevant business data to create justifications, provide analytics, and create business cases to communicate and/or develop strategic HR programmes
- Obtain, analyse, and report on key HR initiatives and metrics to enable effective and efficient analysis and decision making. Interpret HR data and provide analysis that is relevant and meaningful, i.e. reporting on key people metrics, planning, developing and executing suitable solutions to address relevant insights/challenges
- Provide feedback to other HR roles for continuous improvement purposes
- Deliver impactful plans and projects, ensuring key stakeholders are effectively engaged in the development of strategies and plans, to ensure a trusted and transparent relationship is maintained and enables DP World to meet its wider strategic objectives
- Applicable if role has direct reports – responsible for the management and leadership of an engaged team, promoting collaboration and ensuring that each is developed and evaluated against goals and objectives which are aligned, specific, measurable, attainable yet challenging, realistic and time bound.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The HRBP is a key strategic HR liaison and advisor between HR and the business who drives results across all generalist HR activities towards enabling improved business performance. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the Ports & Terminals and Logistics Pillars, their financial position, midrange plans, culture and competition.
The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues and drives value added services. The role ensures that the talent development and management activities of the P&T and Logistics Pillars are well aligned to the overall Group People strategy and processes while maintaining regional and local suitability as applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
In order to give credibl
e support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 10 years of Human Resources experience at a senior level preferably in a multinational environment.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent required in Human Resources, Business Management, Organisational Psychology, or related area
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Professional Human Resources Certification (e.g. CIPD, SHRM)
- Proven experience implementing successful talent management, leadership development, performance management, reward, employee relations and org development activities at business unit level
- Skilled interviewer
- Knowledge of industry trends and relevant employment legislation and ensures business compliance
- Excellent verbal and written English, additional languages an asset
Functional Human Capital Competencies
- Strong business acumen and the ability to demonstrate clear business understanding
- Strong leadership capabilities and a skilled influencer
- An outstanding communicator verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record of personal credibility both technical expertise and high ethical practice.
- Demonstrated global and cultural awareness.
- Decisive thinker with the ability to analyse and understand information using insights to effectively make informed decisions
- Curious and open-minded seeking out new ways to add value to the organisation at present and for the future.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, consultatively, and inclusively with a range of people with strong relationship management
- High level of self-confidence with demonstrated ability to show courage and to speak up skillfully
- Proven role model acting with the highest integrity and impartialit
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn