Our client, a dynamic government entity based in Abu Dhabi is looking for an experienced and forward-thinking Strategic Planning Director to support the Chief Corporate Development Officer.
You will be expected to manage & monitor the planning, development, and implementation of strategic plans with a focus on managing and mitigating risks.
– Formulate strategic plan for recommendation to the executive team by identifying, assessing and prioritizing growth opportunities through financial, market and operational analysis
– Define the parameters for the development of strategic planning, including strategic planning policies, processes, tools and templates
– Manage the development of strategic roadmaps and operational plans
– Manage research activities to stay abreast of industry trends, and stay up-to-date with sectoral, regulatory, and financial changes that may affect customer needs and service offerings
– Define policies, standards and guidelines for project management
– Manage the development and implementation of project management methodologies, dashboards and tools, with effective monitoring of project progress against identified milestones in addition to the defined project timeline, budget and resources
– Supervise the development of an institutional performance management framework to monitor performance through set KPIs and targets
– Support the execution of transaction related opportunities (e.g. mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures activities) to grow and diversify portfolio
– Supervise the development of a risk management framework and risk management strategies
– Participate and support all health, safety and environment initiatives offered by the company including campaigns, trainings, emergency drills, etc.
– Ensure that the approved budget is being allocated as per the plans and highlight any deviation actual / foreseen to management
– Contribute to the budget development process and provide relevant inputs
– Contribute to the preparation of workforce planning reports, talent acquisition action items and talent management activities
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
– Masters’ degree is preferable
– Certified Strategy and Business Planning Professional
– Project Management Professional Certification or similar
– Minimum of 10 to 13 years of relevant experience with 7 years in a managerial position
– Expertise in end-to-end project management