At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as an Engineering Lead will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Doha; Qatar. You will be reporting to LPG Manager – PGHV & PGTR, you will be a member of the unit management team and the leader of all engineering operations, providing support for sales, tendering & project managers for services projects & brown filed opportunities.
- Technical contribution: Evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform task or sequence of tasks, for conventional projects with few complex features. Executing assignments using established solutions. Establishing standardized and client specific planning and using CAD / CAE software in line with Standard requirements with respect to output, supply, cabling, control cubicles and panels, safety and protection. drawing updates.
- Sales support: Assisting in creating proposals for projects through coordination of proposal documents and engineering estimates. Assisting in performing engineering risk analysis before submitting proposal.
- Contract management: Supporting contract manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.)
- Planning and control: Creating work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility.
- Risk and opportunity management: Evaluating risks and opportunities, strategizes mitigation of one’s engineering projects/programs. Supporting the project manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments and implementation of resulting actions. Identifying opportunities for repeating and new businesses.
- Customer: Interacting with customers, contractors, suppliers. Attending project meetings and presents all technical aspects of project assignments. Ensuring completion of engineering related risk assessments and opportunity assessments, supports the Project Manager in the overall project risk and opportunity assessment, (e.g. variation orders and claims) and implementation of resulting actions for own project responsibilities.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Collaborating and networks with engineering colleagues within Hitachi Energy. Sharing best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Processes and tools: Utilizing standard processes, tools and techniques. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- People leadership and development: Leading, supervising and coordinating teams in all engineering disciplines (both in-house and outsourced) on low complexity projects. Leading single or multi-discipline engineering teams of less than 5 resources.
- Safety and integrity: Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum 10-15 years overall work experience. Experience, handling various utility substation project, in a lead role is preferred with exposure to 33kV/132kV/220kV/400kV GIS and AIS projects.
- Experience with secondary engineering of GIS and AIS substation, protection, relay panels, LCCs, SCADA/RTU/SCMS, Relays etc., FMS/DFR, Telecom, control cabling, CT/VT sizing, sizing calculations, BOQ estimation, RFQ, supplier offer verification.
- Experience of preparing BOQ, deviation list, clarifications, technical proposal for tenders and customer enquiries for firm and budgetary tenders. Hands on experience in CAD / CAE tools, MS Office.
- Sound experience with engineering of Auxiliaries of GIS & AIS substations, LV AC boards, service/auxiliary transformers, earthing transformers.
- Knowledge of relevant international standards ex. IEEE, IEC etc.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn