Position: GIS Expert – Land Information Systems
Reports to: Director, Land Information and Property Registry
Sector: NEOM Authority
Job Location: Sharma, KSA
Role Purpose: The GIS Senior Manager – Land Information Systems, plays an integral role in the establishment and oversight of NEOM’s Land Information System (Cadaster) and the Land and Property Registry as the single source of truth within NEOM. The role requires a strategic focus, ongoing risk assessment, coordination, and the ability to educate stakeholders and train staff. This position will lead the interaction with stakeholders to support the LIS/GIS function and identify services and solutions to broaden opportunities within NEOM, with external stakeholders in KSA, and through robust contract management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
As such, the GIS Senior Manager – Land Information Systems will proactively interact and be aware of existing and upcoming geospatial initiatives. This position shall excel in collaboration with peers in application development and project management to ensure successful operations within NEOM Authority. This role will actively input into the spatial data framework within the NEOM Authority.
- Development of a strategy for GIS Enterprise systems.
- Development of GIS decision-making support systems.
- Development of the GIS Data Governance Framework and Policies.
- Management of a small team of GIS, Databases, and data science professionals.
- Coordination with public agencies on the development of databases and data development.
- Development strategy of localized applications, products, and services catering to requirements and needs of land information system users.
- Assist with Business Development in response to requests for proposals and stakeholders’ inquiries.
- Provide leadership and technical support to the Office of Land and Property Registration, and advice or recommendations for procedures or data exchange of spatial information.
- Serve as a “Subject Matter Expert”, adding value to deliverables presented or experienced insight into land management or authority sectors.
- Work with other managers, project engineers, and discipline heads of the authority to develop new business opportunities, budgets, schedules, and plans.
- Actively engage with vendors and other partners, to align business focus with our industry-leading partners
- Review working methods with respect to documenting, planning, and distributing information, proposing guidelines and standards to follow.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, resolving employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Works with Information Technology (IT) technical staff to monitor system hardware performance to maximize the efficiency of equipment and software; recommends hardware and software updates.
- Advise stakeholders and deliver services in the areas of geospatial strategy and planning, property registry, geospatial analytics, geospatial security & privacy, geospatial data management, and enhancement of existing enterprise geospatial systems and applications.
- Organize and deliver services of complex geographic information system (GIS) / geospatial projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships as well as collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with the team to develop training opportunities and a training plan for staff when needed.
- Work with the team to identify and understand their challenges, manage day-to-day stakeholders, and team relationships.
- Responsible for managing solutions, delegating resources, and helping to ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables.
- Display leadership and business judgment in anticipating stakeholders/project needs and developing alternative solutions.
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years of experience in developing and managing GIS applications, preferably in Urban planning, Cadastral, municipal affairs, real estate, or land development-related fields
- Understands the organizational challenge of GIS and cadaster databases which in NEOM constellation implies priority management demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrates experience establishing effective relationships with all stakeholders linked to the geo-located database including guiding for receiving information and informing Urban Planning Authority Offices, NEOM Authority, NEOM and the general public
- Experienced in procurement and contracting practices and principles
- Proficient in English, Arabic is an advantage.
Qualifications and Experience.
- Master’s degree in Geomatics Engineering, computer science, geography, or Geographic Information Systems.
- PMP, PMI-ACP or PRINCE2 Certification desirable.
- Considerable knowledge of GIS/BIM/CAD standards, practices, and procedures.
- Free Accommodation.
- Free Laundry and housekeeping.
- Free transportation.
- 2 flights per month domestic round trip.
- 1 Annual Travel Allowance.
- Relocation Flight.
- Free Meals ( breakfast, lunch, dinner ).
- Schooling – 60K SAR per child up to 3 children.
- Bonus 20-30% annual (performance based).
- Savings Plan ( Long-term incentive plan ).
- Medical insurance ( VVIP health coverage), for Employee, Family & Parents.
- Annual Leave 30 working days annual.
- Remote Working 24 working days annual.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn