At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
You as a GIS Specialist will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Kuwait. You will be performing on-site service activities for various types of Hitachi Energy GIS systems and in accordance with Hitachi Energy standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Delivering excellent customer service to satisfy customers. Co-operating with customer and other Hitachi Energy teams, take actions to identify new service business opportunities for Hitachi Energy. Having adequate knowledge of various types of Hitachi Energy GIS systems in accordance with customer requirements. Ensuring timely, cost-effective solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Service delivery: Performing medium to high complex service tasks like installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, repair independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, extensions, replacements, upgrades and retrofit, end of life service etc.).
- Customer approach: Ensuring customer satisfaction by executing service work according to customer order and expectation. Creating and maintaining a good relationship with customers and understanding their needs. Identifying new sales opportunities and taking influence in convincing the client for the complete service portfolio.
- Materials and supply: Coordinating, preparing and ensuring that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for service activities. Preparing standard lists for ease of work.
- Documentation and reports: Preparing all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reporting work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed. Creating standards or job durations.
- Troubleshooting: Proactively identifies potential equipment failures and proactive corrective actions. Troubleshooting complex equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Operational excellence: Proactively identifying suggestions for product, quality and customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes.
- Health, safety and integrity: Ensuring that HSE practices are of high standard. Working to eliminate unsafe practices and incidents.
- Processes and Tools: Consistently applies functional processes considering links to other teams.
- Safety and integrity: Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical and mechanical engineering.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in maintenance of Gas Insulated Switchgear in live substation, and must be well versed with drawings, safety of EHV/HV/MV (400kv, 300KV, 132KV & 33KV).
- Ability to undertake emergency repair jobs in the switchgear including installing of test bushings and preparing the switchgear for conducting AC & DC High Voltage tests for GIS & Cable.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn