Overall Role Purpose:
The Jordan Head of Customer Service is responsible for leading and directing overall service-related activities for DHL’s unionized customer service function to ensure a customer centric focus is maintained across the organization.
He/she will also ensure exceptional service standards are achieved and maintained, develop and implement cross functional policies for the resolution of customer inquiries, manage and control the Customer Service functions in Jordan to maximize opportunities and drive profitable growth of various customer segments and influence the design of new products, procedures, solutions and systems through working closely with the various functions.
- Develop Sales and Customer Service strategies, policies and standards within overall DHL context.
- Ensure high level of technical expertise and services in the fields of Customer Service.
- Develop service offerings which need unique local approach, and oversee development of appropriate solutions.
- Build solid bench strength in the Customer Service function.
- Act as an ambassador for DHL at all times and attend to customer needs in a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
- Ensure that a high level of professional rapport is developed and maintained with all customers. Initiate customer visits as part of senior management sponsorship program.
- Help resolve difficult cases or discuss solutions if deemed necessary.
- Proactively recommend areas for service improvement through targeted analysis of service incident and customer complaints.
- Implement Global blueprint for Customer Service function to exploit scale economies while safeguarding the business performance
- Maintain proactive work processes to ensure teamwork, shuttle procedures and overall base performance is achieved.
- Part of continuous improvement culture, the Senior Director Customer Service should identify opportunities to enhance and improve business processes and/or support systems in the area and communicate these to the relevant people at country or regional level responsible for dealing with them.
- Ensure successful implementations of new system applications for the customer service department, managing risks and disruption to the business.
- Ensure the team are working in a safe and healthy environment that would allow them to perform to the optimum capacity.
- Manage the Customer Service department to achieve and maintain agreed service level targets, ensuring adequate numbers of trained and qualified staff are available to meet workload.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Maintains effective relationships with customers and develops, commercializes and delivers high quality / innovative services and solutions.
- Maintains a visionary and global perspective pertaining to strategy.
- Establishes clear, challenging and achievable targets.
- Inspires results and respects through empowerment, accountability, recognition and rewards
- Provides employees with development opportunities.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams, progressive management experience.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at senior level
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About DHL Express:
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world. DHL Express is committed to maintain an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment- to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition, to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn