Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, plans, designs and develops new applications for electro-mechanical equipment and systems.
- Reviews contractor’s standards, specifications and other documentation to determine mechanical engineering requirements.
- Designs or reviews simple mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, ventilation and/or instrumentation systems using analytical and investigative methods and techniques to ensure systems meet required specifications.
- Gathers and correlates basic data and performs routine engineering research and development assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests in order to develop new applications or upgrade existing hardware.
- Guides and assists technicians in fabrication and installation of simple mechanical and related equipment and routine systems in order to ensure conformance of product and systems with engineering design and customer specifications.
- Selected candidates must be a US Citizen.
- 3+ years of qualified mechanical experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field (OR) 7+ years of qualified mechanical experience and a trade school certification or associate degree in a related field (OR) 9+ years of qualified mechanical experience.
- Ability to meet the government deployment physical requirements if needed.
- Qualified mechanical experience includes one or more of the following: light or heavy-duty trucks, tractors, tactical vehicles, aviation ground support systems, generators, power plants, aircraft or any diesel or gasoline powered equipment or vehicle.
- Proven maintenance experience with repair and technical experience, background in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance or military operations or maintenance.
- Experience with maintenance support to include operations, system troubleshooting, engineering, design, installation, analysis, maintenance and repair of U.S. systems and subsystems to component level.
- Experience with a variety of hand tools, diagnostic tools, power tools, multi-meters
- Experience applying industry and/or military standard troubleshooting procedures to isolate faulty system components.
- Ability to successfully pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior training or maintenance experience on MRAP FOV systems preferable.
- Preferably familiar or knowledgeable with MRAP/RCV systems.
- Willingness to travel to hostile areas is desired.
- Willingness to travel to various US or OCONUS locations.
- Willingness to deploy to all/any of these locations, including Southwest Asia and South-Central Asia.
- Some OCONUS deployments may be to risky hostile (“war zone”) environments which earn larger bonuses.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a (DoD) Public Trust clearance.
- Must be able to balance, bend, carry, crouch, stretch and knee.
- Must be able to push, pull, and reach.
- Must be able to work in high noise areas.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and small parts.
- Must be able to work with computers and CRTs, and type on a computer keyboard.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn