This position reports directly to the Head of HR Business Partnering.
Focal point for the facilitation of the Human Resources aspects of the assigned client divisions / departments, including Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Management, National and non-National staff career development, Organizational reviews, Manpower and Succession Planning
- Develop positive professional and personal working relationships with Divisional management, supervisors and staff; establish the HR Business Partner role as an integral and contributory element in the functioning of the division, while confirming the position of Supervision as the first point of contact.
- Ensure effective communication between assigned Divisions and the HR team; interact closely with HR management team and colleagues, to ensure that actions taken or advice given to the divisions are achievable, are communicated appropriately and are fully aligned with company objectives and strategy.
- Contribute to ensuring that the Division is adequately staffed to implement its objectives; launch and monitor the approvals and implementation “Manpower Request” process for the recruitment of Secondees, Direct Hire and Manpower Agency Contracted personnel, maintaining awareness of the NOC Manpower and Recruitment Plans and recommending updates as priorities evolve.
- Advise Divisional management on cross-cultural interaction with its diverse workforce in order to maximize cooperation and efficiency, with particular focus on skills & knowledge transfer and succession planning.
- Train for and participate in Job Description and Job Evaluation campaigns to ensure that positions are fully described, presented and evaluated and that resulting evaluations are credible and are explained by line management to staff as required.
- Prepare for HR campaigns such as Annual Appraisals, and the identification of training needs, in order to ensure that these are implemented efficiently. Assist the Senior HR BP to advise managers / supervisors and coordinate formal training sessions with Training colleagues as required.
- Complete objectives assigned by the Senior HR BP in order to share the workload and ensure effective business continuity during absences.
- Pro-actively sponsor and support organizational, behavioral and cultural change, ensuring that measures proposed are culturally appropriate and likely to enhance corporate and individual effectiveness.
- Champion issues raised by employees and supervisors when these warrant management attention, ensuring that critical issues are brought to line management attention, are thoroughly considered and that remedial actions are taken.
- Ensure full personal awareness of Divisional objectives and strategy, and promote these among staff, supporting and authority of management and supervision as first point of contact on all issues, including HR matters.
- Assist divisional management in the correct conduct of disciplinary or grievance cases, ensuring full adherence to the relevant policies and the documentation of all relevant aspects of the situation to ensure the fair and appropriate resolution of the issue.
- Conduct exit interviews with departing staff to ascertain the reasons for leaving, and prepare and follow-up recommendations to resolve the issues raised.
- Represent the organization at conferences and hiring or employer branding events as required, seeking always to promote NOC as an employer of choice in Qatar and the region.
- Educated to degree-level.
- Ideally qualified to Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (or equivalent) level, or studying a Post Graduate qualification in HR, Business Management or a similar discipline.
- Strong personal focus on safety awareness and on encouraging safe behaviors.
- Maturity and strongly developed interpersonal skills.
- An excellent communicator (both as a presenter and as a listener), able to ensure that key issues are communicated effectively to those who will be required to implement them, in a multi-cultural environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in HR or in roles with a strong HR interaction.
- Experience in all key aspects of HR activities with special emphasis on talent management and annual merit / appraisal / training review processes.
- Fluency in English essential, Fluency in Arabic highly advantageous.
- Qatari Nationals only.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn