SNC-Lavalin has an exciting full-time career opportunity for HVDC Protection & Control Engineer with minimum 8 years’ experience. The role is based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The candidate will work in a fast-paced consulting environment with excellent career growth opportunities.
Working in collaboration with the design team to prepare the following deliverables / provide the following services (non-exhaustive list):
- Prepare conceptual design of the complex projects
- Develop/ review technical specifications, drawings, and standards of equipment/ projects
- Review the design basis memorandum, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers to align the engineering deliverables according to project requirements
- Clarification of technical requirements within project team as well as with customer and suppliers
- Be an integral part of the delivery of accurate and thorough electrical design that will meet industry standards and specifications.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support the project such as other Engineering disciplines, Drafting, Procurement, Construction, Project Management etc.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering with focus on energy, power electronics, control technology and profound professional experience
- A minimum of eight 8 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge in converters and high voltage technology.
- Knowledge of modern power system, HVDC power system protection concepts, FACTS or large-scale converter applications.
- Experience on SVC and STATCOM is an asset
- Client focused, highly autonomous, and ability to work under pressure.
- Team player with great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English language, both spoken and written. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
SNC-Lavalin Projects and O&M Services is a business unit of SNC-Lavalin Group. We provide a full range of project management, programme management, construction management, engineering services, consulting services and operation and maintenance services across the MENA region. Active in the Middle East for over 40 years, we have offices in the Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Egypt. for transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin’s employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including PPP, capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance to international clients. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com/
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn