About us Bringing True Hospitality to the world. We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality. We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
Your day to day
- Ensure the Hotel revenues are adequately audited, recorded and audits are performed accordingly.
- Report to Manager of Finance on financial related issues faced and ensure policy and procedures are followed in all revenue streams.
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximise financial return.
- Perform revenue reconciliations with source documents.
- Ensure Accounting Policies are followed as per IHG guidelines.
- Controls all food and beverage sales by:
- Correct recording of guest checks on a timely basis
- Performs spot checks on outlet checks used
- Having all voided checks, corrections and unsettled checks approved by the Restaurant Supervisor or Manager
- Monitors the buffet controls, especially over cash settled checks to prevent reuse ensuring all revenue is recorded
- Ensure banquet controls are being adhered to
- Reconciles total outlet sales to total charges
- Ensure accounting practices, support the guest experience through payment options (example: credit card systems, room charges), inventory controls and financial dispute resolution.
- Implement financial control procedures and systems; maintain records for internal and external `audits; ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements Supervise General Cashier and ensure Hotel fund are counted as per guidelines.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Participate in various responsible business activities organized by the hotel. What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional accounting or finance designation or certification
- Minimum 2 years in hotel accounting or audit with at least two year an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Knowledge of accounting management duties such as processing payroll, performing asset management duties, providing business projections, displacement analysis, preparing government reports, filing tax returns, etc. as needed or requested. What we offer We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn