The NFPS Compression Electrical Lead EPC-2 is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of Electrical system design and equipment technical and execution definition, selection, and design, including planning for Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, and Testing / Commissioning. Ensures that related technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during EPC fully comply with project requirements. Effectively collaborates and interfaces with Facilities Team and EPC contractor engineers and Operations personnel (as required) to ensure that the Electrical system scope of supply is fully integrated and optimized. Provides oversight of the EPC contractor’s, and, as required, Vendor’s and/or Engineering Subcontractor’s production of associated deliverables within project budget and schedule.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Coordinate the activities of the EPC contractors, vendors and subcontractors, as required, to ensure quality assurance and production timing of the Electrical deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule and budget.
- Analyze technical attachments and scope description of all electrical related purchase orders to ensure compliance with scope description in related contracts.
- Maintains close liaison with NFPS Head of Electrical, Head of Facilities and Facilities Team counterparts and gains alignment on Electrical system engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating Electrical system engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
- Assesses Contractor capability and ensures Electrical system engineering or other technical support is available to address gaps
- Stewards the Electrical system engineering schedule and critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
- Verifies that the EPC-2 Contractor provides all contract documents for Electrical system scope, including those referred to in the contract
- Verifies that the EPC-2 Contractor to controls the Electrical system scope, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and reporting.
- Cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent.
- 15 years’ overall experience, 10 years’ relevant experience with 5 years in a Lead Electrical engineering level with overall responsibility for engineering execution of large offshore projects. Broad and extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, codes, appropriate safety criteria, offshore facilities and electrical design, construction, operations, and engineering administration.
- Requires demonstrated broad Electrical equipment and systems experience (MV/LV electrical systems design, transformers, switchgear, power management systems, electrical protection and system controls and large Motors, 1MW+) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
- Strong organizational and technical judgment skills
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Advanced computer literacy.
- Willing and able to travel as required
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn