UAE nationals are encouraged to apply
N ew York Univer sity Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Manager of Operations within the Research Institute, reporting to the Associate Director of Research.
This position takes a lead role in the operational management of the Research Institute portfolio of centers; oversees space needs of the centers and coordinates with various units including facilities, labs and core facilities; manages all personnel and operational data; provides a central structure and point of contact for all administrative staff supporting the Research Institute’s growing portfolio of centers; plays the key logistical and implementation role in the review process for existing centers; leads center set-up and close out from the Research Institute perspective. This position works effectively with NYUAD administrative units to ensure timely and effective responses to inquiries, deadlines, and interdepartmental concerns regarding the Research Institute. This role will also assist with various operational planning and annual reporting tasks.
- Space: Oversees space needs of the centers and coordinates with various units including facilities, labs and core facilities
- Personnel: Archives and maintains all personnel and other operational data on the RI Core Datasheet (non-financial), and advises Associate and Managing Directors on RI HR matters from a central coordinating perspective
- Center Admin Staff PoC: Work closely with administrators of the Centers and Institutes to coordinate administrative planning and processes and act as the central contact for administrators to respond to questions and resolve issues. Develop, maintain and communicate processes and policies that ensure Institute research activities are actively supported and facilitated. Proactively acts as a key point of contact and first resource, and nurtures a collaborative, collegial, and supportive culture for all administrative staff supporting the Research Institute’s growing portfolio of centers
- Reviews: Leads logistics & implementation of review process for existing centers, including planning the full review schedule, and (once reviewers are approved by RRC) organizing travel, materials consolidation and dissemination, and visit experience for the full review panel
- Center Start-Up: Works with Manager, Administration as well as Pre and Post Award to enable a smooth set-up for new centers (emphasis for this role on staff and space), and closeout for closing center
- Works effectively with NYUAD administrative units to ensure timely and effective responses to inquiries, deadlines, and interdepartmental concerns regarding the Research Institute
- Master’s degree or a professional qualification of equivalent standing
- 5-8 years of professional experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a University/Research Center environment
- Grant management experience, focused on operational support for active grants, and grant review and assessment best practices, governance, and processes
- Experience working with senior leadership, faculty, and local research administration professionals with varying levels of experience
- A thorough understanding of the Administrative needs and operational processes of a University and its Research environment
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn