PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To carry out the installation, maintenance, overhauling, repair and testing of a wide range of mechanical equipment in a safe manner in accordance with client procedures and accepted technical standards. The equipment includes, but not limited to cooling towers, condenser & chilled water pumps, submersible pumps, Tertiary pumps, hydraulic and pneumatic system, rotating panels mechanical parts including drive shafts, couplings, bearings, oil seals, gearboxes, impellers and fan blades, diesel engine pumps and emergency generators, ozone generators, air compressors, fire pumps, water treatment system, Sanitary fixtures, vacuum pumps, wet and dry sprinkler system, pipe work related to water and irrigation systems and associated equipment like motorized valves etc. Ensure that all PPM and CM works assigned are carried out with a sense of commitment, in line with material and man-hour optimization.
- Receives and reviews incoming work requests for repairs to the equipment including but not limited to cooling towers, condenser & chilled water pumps, Tertiary pumps, ozone generators, air compressors, fire pumps, water treatment system, Sanitary fixtures, vacuum pumps, wet and dry sprinkler system, pipe work related to water and irrigation systems and associated equipment like motorized valves etc.
- Executes the work requests and allocates work to subordinates and contractors. Ensures that all the completed work, conforms to established work standards and statutory requirements.
- Participates in the commissioning of new projects. He reviews drawings, evaluates systems, snags completed projects and assists in the generation of all relevant work reports.
- Carries out the complex installation repair and maintenance of all the mechanical systems in the client premises. He carries out function tests on the repairs carried out prior to reinstating the systems.
- Carries out Installation, repairs and maintenance of water distribution pipe works, valves of all types of potable water, chilled water, waste water and drainage systems.
- Applies insulation to hot and chilled water lines. Erects scaffolding and ladders for high areas access.
- Assists in commissioning activity related to new projects.
- Assists to carry out the routine and preventive maintenance.
- Assists in the maintenance of records and files of work performed, in progress, and work completed. Assists in the completion of time sheets, material costs, repairs and activity reports.
- Assists in the preparation of annual lists of spare parts, consumable materials and special tools or test equipment. Reviews consumption, discusses interchangeability with his supervisor.
- Assists in the receipt of the new material and spare parts through on-site inspection of delivered material.
- Follows work procedure like ‘Permit to work’, ‘safety over-rides’, PPM task list and ensures that good house keeping is practiced at all times.
- Gives input in the preparation of work reports – Daily reports, Equipment failure reports, Incident/Accident reports. Indicates activities carried out, assists in indicating failures and makes recommendations to alleviate recurring problems.
- Assists in the development of ‘Plant changes’ for modification or improvements in the present systems. Supervises any in-house project work done by technicians/contractors. Assists in the testing and commissioning of new or modified systems, updates ‘on-site’ information and drawings.
- Ensures adherence to safe working practices and takes necessary precautions in hazardous work environment as per Risk Assessment document
- Assists in filling the requirements of the CAFM system, and ISO 9000 series quality management systems.
- Assists in developing and implementing ‘Operational/Functional’ and preventive maintenance programs and procedures to ensure operational efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education, followed by, at least 3 years apprenticeship training leading to a certificate/diploma in Mechanical Technician at least 6 years working experience in the installation, maintenance, repair, and calibration of a wide range of mechanical equipments in an Education City or health care facilities, or Hotel/Entertainment Industry. He must be able to read the control schematics and piping diagrams of the equipments. He must be able to read, write and speak English and understand technical manuals.
- He must be computer literate with knowledge of MS office packages.
Craft Labor / RPSS
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn