- Design, optimize, and oversee the implementation of short- and long-term data networks initiatives.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement corrections in complex technical applications to enhance performance.
- Respond to issue escalation and service interruption and perform root cause analysis.
- Perform network capacity planning and performance analysis to properly size network connections.
- Perform infrastructure performance diagnosis and scalability assessment activities.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting, implementation, and configuration of network hardware and software.
- Provide comprehensive designs to address and compliment strategic routing and switching direction.
- Apply best practices in compliance with security and DISA guidelines.
- Utilize network management tools (Solarwinds) to monitor, evaluate, and report health statistics of WAN and LAN.
- Conduct cost analysis and evaluate vendor capabilities to provide the required products or services.
Duties Include, But Not Limited To
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Shall have detailed knowledge and review of action plans for planned and unplanned changes to the network infrastructure.
- Shall have detailed knowledge of design and deployment of multicast.
- Shall have detailed knowledge of GRE and IPSEC deployments and configurations.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity with Cisco IOS-based routers 3900, 3800, and 2800 families; Cisco IOS based switches within the 6500, 4500, and 3750 families.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity of IP communications, including packet analysis.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity with layer 3 technologies, such as EIGRP and HSRP.
- Shall have knowledge and familiarity with layer 2 technologies, such as Rapid Spanning-Tree.
- Shall have Central Authentication, Authorization and Accounting via TACACS+.
- Shall have network troubleshooting skills and knowledge of networks.
- Shall have technical documentation skills.
- Shall require a sound knowledge of IP networking, SIPRNet, NIPRNet, cross domain solutions, and security systems such as HBSS. The Systems administration function may require knowledge of collation networks, CENTRIXS, JWICS, and BICES, the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and server virtualizations, IT service management, and wireless LAN (WLAN)
Knowledge And Skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a comprehensive background check
- US Secret Clearance
- 6-Years’ Operational Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science is preferred
- An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; A certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; 11 total years of recent specialized experience.
Shall have three (3) years related work experience working with Cisco Routers and Switches and shall have two (2) years experience in a military environment.
- Shall have Security +.
- Shall have Network+.
- Shall have Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher.
Special Note: The position is contingent upon candidate’s ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click below for the “EEO is The Law” and Federal Contractor Poster Supplement:
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.
MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:
Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn