Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Network LAN/WAN Administrators perform tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. This position provides administration of network and communications systems, including, but not limited to, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems. NA need solid technical skills and experience with a variety of network protocols, software, and In-Line encryption (INE) hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations. The position requires strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware, software, and network components. Network LAN/WAN Administrators are responsible for creating monitoring reports and managing equipment logs, as well as ensuring the functionality of links. This position coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team; identifies, analyzes, and documents long-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprise network; prepare technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions. This position researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance. Network LAN/WAN Administrators plan for and provide reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, and throughput). This position prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.
Typical duties include
- Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures
- Coordinating and implementing In-Line Encryption devices with network software and hardware upgrades
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems and ASA and encryption devices (ViaSat devices)
- Administering LAN/WAN security and malware control measures
Here’s What You’ll Need
Clearance Requirements TS/SCI
Education Requirements None
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
- CCNA OR
- CC DevNet Associate OR
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
- A minimum of 4 years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems. Candidates must have experience with current technologies and, where required for the task, emerging technologies.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
#ansdefense #moip #sitec2 #ansoconus
Job Reference ID ANS00025P
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn