GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations that improve the citizen experience every day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
Gathers information concerning the capabilities of Company products; investigates the technical capabilities of Company products and competing equipment and/or solutions; stays abreast of developments in hardware and software. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning, and design, and ensures requirements comply through formal verification methods. Translates high-level product development strategies into network and system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower-level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates the development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall network and system development. Designs interfaces and brings network and system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Coordinates the planning, design, and installation of equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Installs all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Designs, creates, and builds network services, equipment, and devices.
- Generates system-level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School with 10+ years (or commensurate experience)
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. Please be aware that this position requires a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) (Routing and Switching) certification
- CompTIA Security Plus Certification
- 3+ years of Cisco Routing and Switching experience; demonstrated technical proficiency in LAN, WAN, Network Management, and Security. Basic understanding of DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory
- Demonstrated ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Must have a strong, proven background with senior-level experience with Cisco Routing and Switching
- Strong attention to detail, good documentation skills, ability to write clear, concise project reports
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to function with minimal instruction or supervision, or as a part of a larger team reporting to formal project management. Strong communication and organizational skills
- Intermediate to High-Level experience in designing and implementing enterprise-level networks
- Intermediate to Expert level knowledge of QOS, 802.1X, Zone-Based Firewalls, and other WAN-based technologies
- 3+ years of Network Integration Experience
- Demonstrated experience with Layer 2, and layer 3 networking – Advanced knowledge and experience with OSPF, EIGRP, and MP-BGP routing protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of multicast protocols/architecture across Wide Area Networks
- Must have a current/active U.S. Passport
- Must have a current/active U.S. Drivers License
- Must be able to pass Qatari Medical screening and obtain Qatari Drivers License; these are required to work in the State of Qatar
- Must have the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including a protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments
- Medically/Physically fit for deployment with U.S. Military Forces Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) under the provisions of USCENTCOM Medical Standards
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Experience working with Joint Special Operations
- Experience working in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn