At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
The Onboarding Manager fully owns the discovery and experience journey for Food on Careem Super App. The role ensures that the content our customers view as soon as they look at the restaurants and shops, is of top quality and standard, and takes customers on a super engaging journey from start to finish. From checking out the options to placing an order, that entire experience has to add value for the users.
Food lovers and people with knowledge around nutritional values are encouraged to apply!
What You’ll Do
- Manage the cataloging and onboarding journey by setting up the right processes and SOPs.
- Work towards centralization of the external resources to support all commercial markets.
- Work closely with market leads and commercial teams to ensure timely and effective execution of regular and ad-hoc projects.
- Safeguard the quality and ensure measures are in place from A to Z to maintain that across all levels.
- Collaborate with other functional teams to work towards synergized execution of the business and department strategy.
- Motivate and engage the teams by working on their performance, learning and growth.
- Develop reporting cadence, provide regular updates and visibility for the management.
- Work with the product team to identify areas of improvement along with the automation of the processes.
- Train and coach the team members on a regular basis to keep them engaged and to ensure the quality of work improves.
- Share regular feedback with the manager and peers for areas of improvement and better implementation of strategic projects.
- Be the voice of the onboarding journey and own the discovery experience on the app
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university. (A Masters degree in the relevant field would be an advantage).
- To be based in Amman, Jordan.
- Previous experience of working with e-commerce/ delivery platforms in a similar role that involves cataloging and onboarding.
- Prior experience of leading a team. (experience of leading and managing outsourced teams with HC above 20 would be preferred)
- English and Arabic fluency is a must
- Must have strong communication skills and should be comfortable communicating with the vertical leadership and other relevant stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Must have strong analytical skills (MS Office proficiency specially Excel and PowerPoint is mandatory)
- Must be adaptable to the hybrid working model
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a hybrid working environment
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn