Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The Digital Trade Manager will support and execute the expansion of the online trading arm of Majid Al Futtaim Lifestyle business, in line with the Omnichannel strategy. The role will also be responsible for growing the online revenue to support overall business expansion and create a credible omnichannel reputation in the GCC.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
Financial & standards
- Coach and mentor the online team to ensure successful execution of the online vision and roadmap.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer service initiatives are in place, resolving issues quickly and courteously.
- Ensure that each brand has the correct resource model in place, exceeding the needs of the customer (right people / right place / right time / doing the right thing), whilst also meeting the business productivity targets.
- Build strong relationships with all internal customers across head office functions and retail management.
- Support in promoting sustainability initiatives to transform the lives of the community and contribute to the net positive impact, and health and wellness.
- Drive the execution of online strategy to unlock business growth while staying abreast of industry trends, best practices and competitive strengths / weaknesses.
- Manage the online customer experience from conceptualizing the website front-end look and feel, buying and selling flows, search capabilities, product exploration, shopping and check out, keeping the overall omnichannel experience at the core.
- Build relationship with diverse online marketplaces to ensure relevant and current new collections and product mix are available at all times.
- Monitor performance of the online websites, including management of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) / SEM (Search Engine Marketing) related activities for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partner with Customer Insights team to scope and interpret digital analytics across platforms to inform future state design and decision making.
- Work closely with Marketing stakeholders to design and enable core marketing efforts, including editorial calendar, content updates, product launches, promotions, emails and strategic communication.
- Responsible for logistics related to online sales, availability of stocks and timely delivery of orders.
- Meet and exceed the financial targets of online trading business.
- Ensure existing and upcoming sites/apps are in line with industry standards and brand and MAF guidelines.
- Analyze business reports and provide the direction for corrective action where required.
- Provide critical analytical feedback on sites/Apps performance at the weekly / monthly trade reviews together with the Brand Director.
- Contribute and support the business in achieving the Dare Today, Change Tomorrow sustainability strategy.
- Target achievement
- Penetration Rate
- Customer experience
- Sustainability Initiatives
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Tech savvy with and keen understanding of diverse ecommerce platforms
- Digital marketing awareness
- Operational expertise
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Leads the Way – Understands market trends and impact of value drivers, not just for own business, but for the larger Majid Al Futtaim strategy and vision; prioritizes work based on urgency and impact; helps others understand MAF vision and strategy and how it links to daily work; builds bridges across departments and businesses; ensures team leaders build clear, balanced roadmaps aligned with all stakeholders; coaches and pushes teams to improve status quo.
- Drives Impact – Role-models ability to make complex decisions; regularly reviews and prioritizes risks and pushes teams to mitigate and manage such risks; role-models response to urgency through consistent focus on critical path and clear communication; role-models ownership and responsibility for decisions of the team; makes hard decisions and does not pass on the blame but uses the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Thinks Customer – Views customer segments holistically and ensures team leaders build strategic insights into key customer segments; adopts customer feedback as a guiding factor and ensures delivery is consistently ahead of target; sets increasingly higher benchmarks for customer service to ensure team consistently goes “above and beyond” cultivating a “customer first” mindset; coaches team leaders to interact in an effective way to build meaningful, trusting relationships with key customers and partners.
- Thinks Group – Constantly seeks opportunities with potential benefit for the group; consistently reviews and refines targets with team to ensure they are ambitious; constantly raises the bar on the expected quality of work; role-models responsiveness and openness in communication displaying effective listening skills with empathy and understanding; proactively involves broader community.
- Develops Talent – Delegates responsibilities effectively and allows team leaders to manage own work and decisions; invests time and effort to coach team members to unlock their potential and career trajectory; a role model and mentor to others offering constructive feedback; proactively seeks and offers strengths-based feedback; displays courage by proactively having difficult conversations with composure.
- Fosters Innovation – Role-models openness to innovation through actively leading discussions of new ideas; fosters and encourages a culture of innovation in the team and displays commitment to generating and adopting new ideas; constantly pushes teams to assess long term potential of new ideas, challenges data and results with the aim of making informed decisions to “fail fast” or “double down”.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications / Education
- Graduate degree in Business Management, Finance, Marketing or E-Commerce
- Masters in any of the related fields will be an advantage
- 7+ years of experience preferable in E-commerce or any other business stream
- Experience in online marketing or merchandising with evidence of website / product launch is preferred
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn