Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
Role Purpose: The primary purpose of the Country Operations Manager role is to manage and assume overall responsibility for the success of the Country operations within their remit, by directing all operational aspects of each store and driving sales whilst minimizing costs.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following: Operational Excellence Financial Customer
- Responsible for ensuring that store managers and their staff keep stores to the highest possible standards, well organized and properly merchandised at all times.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, and controls are followed.
- Monitor stock control to ensure store shrink is within company guidelines so as to protect company property and assets.
- Schedule regular store visits and provide required level of support to all stores catering to their specific areas of concern.
- Ensure sales and operational goals and expectations are achieved through regular monitoring.
- Work closely with the planning and buying teams to analyze each individual store performance in relation to sales / space / sales mix and density.
- Drive promotional opportunities and events in stores in conjunction with the marketing teams.
- Responsible for driving sales and ensuring that stores meet their defined sales targets.
- Manage shrinkage and stock loss within the set limits of the company.
- Monitor petty cash, cash flows, sales performance, inventory control, cash sales receipts and operating records.
- Control store costs, finding creative ways of cost control when possible.
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer service initiatives are in place, resolving issues quickly and courteously.
- Train, challenge, motivate, encourage, and provide constructive guidance to store teams related to all areas of effective operations.
- Build relationships with support functions to ensure smooth communication with the store teams.
- Achievement of sales targets and profits
- ATV, ATU, conversion
- NPS Score
- Data Capture
- Cost control and P&L accountability
- Employee Turnover
- Loss Prevention (Shrinkage + Damages) Functional / Technical Competencies
- Keen customer service and selling skills
- Organization ability
- Analytical Thinking
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinker
- Drives Performance
- Problem Solving Leadership / Behavioural Competencies
- Leads the Way – Understand market trends and impact of value drivers directly affecting areas of responsibility (sector, function, geography). Ensures right resources are mobilized to ensure delivery. Prioritizes and allocates work among team members in a clear and structured manner.
- Drives Impact – Ability to make complex decisions. Ensures team members identify relevant information, data and expertise for key decisions and validates quality of findings. Reviews and prioritizes risks and pushes team/s to mitigate and manage. Act with urgency and take ownership & responsibility for decisions made.
- Thinks Customer – Highly customer centric with the ability to build insight holistically into customer segments. Set high benchmarks for customer service, role modelling “customer first” mindset. Coach an effective customer centric team, building meaningful, trusting customer relationships.
- Thinks Group – Role model the “One Company” mindset proactively contributing to the benefit of MAF as a whole. Ability to constantly raise the bar of the expected quality of work, contributing to the ongoing success of the organization. Takes the lead in collaborating across departments. Builds trust through open responsive communication.
- Develops Talent – Empower others to take ownership and responsibility through effective delegation and support. Ability to Coach and unlock the potential of people. Crucial conversation skills to be able to communicate clearly and openly with the teams and listen to feedback for relevant action.
- Fosters Innovation – Creative thinker who brings new ideas that create value for the company. Actively lead discussions of new ideas. Encourage an environment of openness and a “fail fast and recover quick” mindset. Agility to recognize and implement new ideas that foster a creative environment. Qualification/Education
- High school certificate
- Qualification in Retail related field is an added advantage
- 3-4 years’ experience in retail operations
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn