Job Description And Qualifications
To lead in providing Electrical Engineering oversight to ensure safe & reliable operation of plant facilities under JIGPC in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Nature & Scope
Properly functioning Electrical systems and equipment are critical to the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the plant facilities and associated equipment & systems. As a member of the site engineering team, the Sr. Electrical Engineer will lead to interact routinely with plant operations, maintenance, and engineering personnel to provide “hands-on” field-engineering & troubleshooting support, instructions, and technical guidance related to the site’s Electrical systems & equipment including: large high voltage induction and synchronous motors and starting systems including reduced voltage autotransformers, electrical protection relays, low voltage and high voltage distribution systems, high voltage power-factor-compensation units, motor control centers & switchgear, and a variety of specialized electronic / electrical equipment. The position emphasizes teamwork, communications, organization, change management, work process optimization, planning, leadership, and hands-on technical skills with comprehensive knowledge across engineering disciplines.
- Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
- Lead in the provision of engineering evaluation & determinations, issue technical direction & guidance, and oversee Inspection & Quality Assurance initiatives for all Electrical troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities.
- Lead in the provision of engineering support & guidance during the construction & commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate documentation for plant’s electrical equipment and validate single line electrical drawings for the plant’s electrical distribution systems. Monitor quality assurance initiatives.
- Lead in performing electrical system studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, arc flash, etc., and establish appropriate protective device settings.
- Lead in the provision of engineering guidance to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Lead in the provision of engineering input for development and maintenance of Electrical systems & equipment standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts, and contractor selection guidelines.
- Develop detailed engineering specifications, evaluate quotations, perform technical bid evaluations & vendor document review, and validate factory acceptance testing related to the procurement of Electrical equipment and system components.
- Maintain compliance with all Critical Safety Circuits (CSS), Safety Integrity Levels (SIL), and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) implementation and revalidation programs.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive risk-based inspection and calibration program for all Electrical systems & equipment.
- Establish & maintain a relationship with the local inspection bureau, maintain relevant statutory, regulatory, technology standards, and code information consistent with JIGPC plant operational objectives and local regulations.
- Utilize predictive and other non-destructive inspection & test methodologies to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Employ appropriate project development and project management activities (including scope, budget, schedule, execution strategies, risk plans, cost collection / reporting, etc.) for the execution of all projects and turnaround activities.
- Provide engineering support to develop the annual budget for Electrical Systems & Equipment maintenance, repair, and major turn-around activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety performance, reliability, and cost of quality goals.
- Establish & maintain relationships with regional pressure system equipment suppliers
- Foster and support positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate at professional association meetings to determine best practices being used in the industry and apply them to our pressure systems.
- Engineering graduate (BSEE preferred) with >12 years of relevant experience in electrical chemical / refinery / gas plant maintenance / inspection / engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience performing detailed power system engineering studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, arc flash, etc., and establish appropriate protective device settings.
- Knowledge & understanding with the principles of: Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Safety Instrumented System (SIS), Safety instrumented Function (SIF), Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA, ASME, etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices
- Experience in leading and guiding technical employees needed.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn