Lead Designers, Engineers and all other Engineering and Design disciplines assigned to the project, Project Engineer, material Control Team, Document control, and customer representatives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and develop arrangement and detail conceptual, FEED, studies, and detail design drawings of high technical quality and professional consistent presentation ensuring clarity and ease of construction.
- Develop 3D models and ensure clash free with all other disciplines.
- Ensure design deliverables are completed and issued per project specifications, MDR and project Level 2 & 3 procedures, and within agreed schedules and budgets.
- Apply knowledge and/or skills to a range of activities.
- Set priorities, organize own work and time to meet objectives, and (as Lead Designer) forecast and plan resource requirements.
- Direct small or medium Instrument Design team as Lead Designer.
- Lead projects as Lead Designer engaging the participation of other disciplines. Coordinate all activities within own discipline and Discipline interfaces with other disciplines.
- Lead the design team of the assigned work area and complete within planned schedule and budget, in accordance with standards, MDR and project-specific procedures and to a high professional standard.
- Plan, organize and direct all aspects of Discipline execution on the assigned project including scope, deliverables, schedule and all Discipline manpower resources – agree allocations with the Engineering Manager.
- Ensure interfaces and deliverables are clearly identified.
- Maintain responsibility for progress and productivity, identifying any required corrective action.
- Act as project-based Discipline point of contact in communications and meetings with Project Team, Customer, vendor/supplier and/or subcontractor counterparts; and relevant agencies such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc.
- Prepare/ review and (as Lead Designer) approve Instrument Design deliverables such as: o 3D model Instrument scopes
- Layout drawings
- Instrument hookup/installation details
- Wiring/loop diagrams
- Panel and console drawings
- Instrument drawing lists
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- 10 years min with major contractor or consultant of which 5+ years of experience in predominately offshore oil and gas.
- High School graduate with a diploma in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Design, or Drafting in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Detailed knowledge of associated industry detailing standards & codes.
- Detailed knowledge of 3D and 2D drafting and material control systems (AutoCAD and/or MicroStation).
- Minimum 1 or 2 projects working experience in PDMS and/or PDS/SPM.
- Capable of Leading projects.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Knowledge of QA Systems and a good communicator.
- Working experience in project coordination and execution skills.
- Detailed knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Auto lisp Programming, 3D Modeling, Menu and/or Macro compilation skills would be an advantage.
- Previous work experience in Offshore Oil & Gas greenfield platforms.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn