About the job
Application period 15-Mar-2023 to 29-Mar-2023Functional Responsibilities:
- Development and Implementation of procurement strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Team Management
- Leads the development and implementation of procurement and contracting strategies for goods, services, and works, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Appropriate application of UNOPS procurement governance framework (rules, regulations, policies, and tools) in Business Unit and Project operations.
- Provision of supply-market intelligence and analysis.
- Procurement strategies, approaches, and plans designed and implemented according to cost reduction and saving strategies, applying:
- Expertise in market intelligence matched to business requirements;
- Optimal Stakeholder management principles;
- Sustainability criteria;
- Appropriate work processes to individual cases.
Oversight and supervision of the implementation and results of strategic and routine procurement work plans in the Business Unit, covering Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
3. Ensure introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
4. Team Management
- Manage and guide procurement processes for the acquisition of goods, services, and the construction of works for the Business Unit, focusing on the achievement of the following results in compliance with the official procurement policies, rules, regulations, and procedures:
- Sustainability embedded in the procurement process.
- Appropriate procurement modalities and instruments applied (e-sourcing, procurement and Rosters of Suppliers) based on individual case requirements, utilizing expert knowledge of procurement policies and instruments.
- Creation, implementation, and oversight of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes in Business Unit and projects including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS Procurement rules and regulations.
- Review and pre-clearance of solicitation documents, requests for awards and submissions to Contract and Property Committees (CPCs) in role as Procurement Reviewer (in OneUNOPS or Enterprise system).
- Procurement contracts and contractors optimally managed through supplier and contract performance management against agreed benchmarks and through agreed reporting mechanisms.
- Implementation of Internal control system.
- Elaboration of comments regarding project audit reports of the Business Units, when necessary
- Creation, development and management of rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Ensures that the e-sourcing tools are used in accordance with PG goals and standards in this area
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high-quality results and services of the team supervised through effective recruitment, work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices
- Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for Business Unit personnel on Procurement-related topics.
- Lead and conduct initiatives on capacity development and knowledge building for procurement personnel, including network development, plans, learning plans and activities, procurement practice information, and best practice benchmarking.
- Oversee team’s contributions to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice, including collaborative synthesis of lessons learned and dissemination of best practices in procurement management.
- Guide the team’s collection of feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize them productively
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Procurement Specialist directly affects the overall efficiency of the region and specific project initiatives, in regards to procurement management, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective programmes and the business unit’s operations. Timely, market-aware, and accountable delivery of services, ensures business unit performance, efficiency, and client satisfaction, which promotes the image and credibility of the team and business unit as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the given geographical area.
- Advanced Degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- A First University degree, in combination with a minimum of seven (7) years qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Insitute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification, is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/ /UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years professional experience in advising on, and implementing policies and procedures to deliver a range of complex procurement programmes and services.
- Personnel supervisory experience in procurement is required
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders is desired.
- Experience of professional experience in the region is desired
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (GSuites, MS Office, etc) is highly desired.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn