At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation.
You as a Project SCM Manager & TTL will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Amman, Jordon. Reporting to the Operating Unit Manager, you shall be responsible for establishing the tender sourcing plan (TSP) based on the sourcing related conditions of the client´s tender specification and PG global or territory sourcing strategy and for facilitating its adoption by all parties during tender process.
- Sourcing related opportunities and critical commercial, fiscal and legal conditions of the client´s tender specification and ensure flow over to the bidding documentation to suppliers and contractors. Developing schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets to support all procurement requirements under the tender and project.
- Issuing the project related Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) based on the overall tender strategy, identified sourcing related opportunities and critical project conditions under consideration of the overall PG global or territory sourcing strategies. Collaborating with tender teams to identify new suppliers and supplier changes and ensures customer approval for tender and project supplier list.
- Documenting the TSP in the business unit standard “TSP Template”, if not retrieved from project procure. Communicating the TSP to the local tender team and involve global, division, BU, territory category leaders and lead strategic sourcing manager for affected commodities.
- Receiving approval of the TSP from tender engineer and LPG manager and Local SCM. Ensuring that RfQ’s are issued in compliance to the TSP (incl. tender specific terms & conditions). Defining, together with relevant category lead, the target price for main equipment.
- Ensuring that suppliers and subcontractors considered in tender to the client are qualified according to Hitachi Energy Supplier Qualification Process (SQP) and Sub-Contractor Qualification Process (CQPQ).
- Ensuring that supplier quotations remain valid until final placement of Purchase Order or until confirmation of tender project has been lost. Providing required sourcing related information for risk reviews.
- Ensuring cost reduction targets (cost reduction, cost avoidance, TCI, etc) are met and timely reported in compliance to tender/project specific targets. Ensuring a TSP is available and updated for all tenders worked on; including all schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets to support all procurement requirements.
- Coordinating and issuing all sourcing review data for inclusion into the risk reviews. Providing all data (e.g. savings data, OTD performance, quality data, etc) to the LPG/PG SCM Manager on a monthly basis for inclusion into the monthly report matrix to be submitted to the BU SCM Manager.
- Ensuring cost reduction targets (cost reduction, cost avoidance, TCI, etc) are met and timely reported in compliance to tender/project specific targets. Coordinating and issue all sourcing review data for inclusion into the risk reviews. Providing all data (e.g. savings data, OTD performance, quality data, etc) to the LPG or PG SCM Manager on a monthly basis for inclusion into the monthly report matrix to be submitted to the BU SCM Manager.
- Responsible for staffing of SCM resources on project. Accountability for project schedule and cost as it pertains to SCM. Managing and administrating expediting process and staff. Participating in project kick-off- and -progress meetings during execution phase of the project.
- Identifying of sourcing related opportunities and critical conditions of the client´s contract. Developing the Project Procurement Plan (PPP) based on the deliverables from tender phase (such as Tender Sourcing Strategy, suppliers’ quotations), overall project sourcing strategy.
- Documenting the PPP in the PG standard “PPP Template”, if not retrieved from Project Procure. Receiving approval of the PPP from the project engineer, project manager and LPG Manager and Local SCM. Communicating, maintaining and updating the PPP – as a min. on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that purchase orders are placed in compliance to the PPP to accepted and qualified suppliers only. Establishing together with contracts manager or project manager the project specific terms & conditions (Special Conditions) and manages the negotiation of purchase orders including payment terms, delivery, pricing, terms and conditions, etc.
- Ensuring that all purchase orders are accurate, approved and released in a timely manner. Resolving any issues which could adversely affect the suppliers’ delivery, quality, price, etc. and where required involve global, division, BU, territory category leaders, lead strategic sourcing manager, and territory SCM.
- Monitoring the delivery status (forecast and actual) for all products/services (including other deliverables e.g. documentation, etc) and updates the project team accordingly by the adoption of a proactive expediting regime. Monitoring compliance to health and safety as well as business ethics within operational work, contracts and negotiations.
- Ensuring that the finance function is informed in a timely manner of all procurement activities and coordinate with the finance function on all outstanding payment issues with suppliers. Ensuring proper recording of potential claim or counter claim events, in particular related to delays of goods or documentation, etc and is responsible for the coordination of the conclusion and closure of these events in line with the project criteria for said.
- Ensuring a PPP is available and updated for all projects worked on; including all schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets to support all procurement requirements. This should include all expediting data as well as spend data as a minimum.
- Providing all data (e.g. savings data, OTD performance, quality data, etc) to the LPG/PG SCM Manager on a monthly basis for inclusion into the monthly report matrix to be submitted to the BU SCM Manager. Ensuring purchase order generation and invoice reconciliation complies with the requirements of the local unit.
- Ensuring an accurate and up to date claims and opportunities register is available for review as required by the project team and management for all purchased items (where applicable).
- Planning various transportation to facilitate material movement, Customs and trade applications.
- Driving cost savings in logistics spend, saving cost via quality improvement initiatives, process standardization and rate negotiations with selected suppliers.
- Monitoring and managing the performance delivery of Team via frequent KPI supported reviews.
- Preparing and updating monthly logistics schedule to ensure deliveries to production locations and coordinates product delivery schedule with customers.
- Coordinating daily activities to track location and movement of inventory finished goods and raw materials via all transport modes, and re-routes freight as needed to meet demands and minimize cost. Communicating fulfilment status to Logistics and Sales organizations as appropriate.
- Working closely with transport service providers and brokers to assure efficient and effective execution of processes, assists in obtaining necessary transport permits and codes and prepares proper transportation paperwork and import and export documentation.
- Ensuring compliance of shipping with all local and global regulations, whilst optimizing the distribution network and customs procedures and taking full advantage of possible free trade benefits.
- Ensuring that all purchase orders are accurate, approved and released in a timely manner the application during negotiation and purchase order award. Resolving any issues which could adversely affect the suppliers’ delivery, quality, price, etc. and where required involve Global, Division, BU, Territory Category Leaders, Lead Strategic Sourcing Manager, and Territory SCM.
- Monitoring compliance to health and safety as well as business ethics within operational work, contracts and negotiations.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in a project environment and supply chain function.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in procurement of tailored equipment.
- Strength in commercial or legal aspects of purchasing.
- Excellent communication & proven negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of processes in industrial large and complex or turnkey contracts.
- Proficient level of written and spoken English communication.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn