Requisition ID: req29586
Job Title: Regional HR Director, MENA
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
IRC’s programs in Middle East North Africa (MENA) focus on various relief and rehabilitation programs for refugees, internally displaced persons and communities affected by conflict. IRC has programs in the following sectors: health, education, economic recovery & development, governance, and violence prevention & response.
The Regional HR Director will lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function in the Middle East North Africa region that ensures the organization has the structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on program goals and effectively serves its beneficiaries. This individual will direct and facilitate the delivery of key HR services and infrastructure in line with the IRC’s People & Culture Strategy and Country Program Strategic Action Plans, for efficient and effective services at multiple levels. They will drive the implementation and adaptation of HR global initiatives and practices across the region. The Regional HR Director serves as advisor and counsel to maximize staffing and performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk.
- Direct and oversee the collaborative identification and development of annual human resource strategies and annual work plans in the areas of workforce planning, recruitment, performance improvement, HR capacity development, Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (GEDI), employee engagement and staff care to ensure IRC attracts and inspires the right talent at the right time and in the right place. Identify and facilitate development of standards, tools, and resources.
- Evaluate and facilitate HR functional capacity and service delivery for the MENA region. Implement collaborative actions to facilitate the evaluation and development of HR services and infrastructure. Build knowledge, expertise, and capacity, leveraging internal and external resources. Ensure effective HR service systems and delivery at multi-levels as confirmed by key stakeholders.
- Lead the planning, delivery, and implementation of global HR initiatives e.g., HR Scorecard, orientation and on-boarding, policies and procedures, HR metrics, compensation and benefits and other strategic HR pilots and programs across the region. Oversee global delivery and implementation of IRC HR global systems, standards, and initiatives. Ensure effective adaptation at all levels and compliance with the spirit and intent of labor regulations and donor requirements. Solicit feedback and suggested improvements.
- Direct development and delivery of training and capacity building efforts, leveraging e-learning and remote management. Identify and engage internal and external resources to provide timely and effective technical assistance. Coordinate and deliver HR trainings and workshops.
- Work closely with Middle East North Africa Regional Team (IT, Supply Chain, Safety & Security, GEDI, Finance, and Emergency Preparedness) and effectively participate in monthly / quarterly meetings and joint work streams.
- Ensure close collaboration with Regional Vice President Middle East North Africa to identify gaps in the regional structure while ensuring timely acquisition of the right talents.
- Travel to the countries in Middle East North Africa (as conditions allow) as and when needed to provide in-person HR leadership, support, technical trainings and/or management of special projects.
- Provide generalist HR support to all regional staff including technical HR advice in response to policy inquiries, orientation, employee relations issues and exit management.
- Lead, motivate and mentor direct reports, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely constructive performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews, inspiring maximum potential.
- Support investigations upon instructions from IRC’s Ethics and Compliance Unit.
- Other responsibilities as assigned. IRC is a fast- moving organization, and roles & responsibilities will change over time.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Senior HR Director for Crisis Response, Recovery, & Development (CRRD) based in the US, and Regional Vice President, Middle East North Africa based in Amman.
Technical Reports: 5 Country Program HR Directors and several HR Staff
Key Internal Relationships
- Country Program Team: Country Directors, Chief of Party, Deputy Directors of Operation, Senior Management Teams, HR practitioners.
- Regional Team: especially close collaboration with colleagues from IT, Supply Chain, Finance, Safety & Security, GEDI, Emergency Preparedness and Deputy Regional Director.
- HQ: HR Team members across Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management, Global Recruitment, Staff Care, as well as HRIS; General Counsel, Finance, IT and Global Supply Chain.
- HR Director peers across the Crisis Response, Recovery, and Development Department (CRRD)
Key External Relationships: INGO counterparts; legal counsel; HR associations and networks
- 10 to 15 years of progressive professional HR experience with a minimum of 5 years as a regional manager or director or equivalent education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting groups of 1,000+ employees at multiple organizational levels, cultures, and locations within a regional or global environment
Demonstrated success as an HR professional in emergency response, conflict zones and/or humanitarian aid sector preferred; Experience supporting annual portfolios of $80M – $100M is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in supporting key senior management and building strong, trusted relationships.
- Proven track-record of excellent management and leadership skills including capacity-building, coaching, mentoring, performance management and delivering individual and group training.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
- Superb inter-personal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Must possess a highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative, and resourceful workstyle that balances required compliance/policy enforcement with a steadfast commitment to employee and client service and support
- Excellent project management and organizational skills including detailed work planning and superior time management skills
- Ability to work independently supporting and partnering with teams with significant regional location distribution
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; HRIS-knowledgeable
- Ability to travel 25-50% within the region and other locations for conferences, sometimes on short notice
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
Professional Standards: IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Respect at Work Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Returning National Candidates: We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a citizen of the Country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, the Middle East Region has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing, and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply. IRC strives to attract, motivate, and retain qualified national staff in our programs.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion: at IRC MENA, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn