Job Requisition ID: 139601
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview Of The Role
To assist the IFB Manager and Kitchen Manager in the execution of the IKEA Food & Beverages Concept in the IKEA
Restaurant & Café to strengthen the IKEA store’s position as the best home furnishing store in your local market
What You Will Do
- Ensure that the recommended communication towards the customers is implemented, from the parking area into the IKEA Restaurant & Café area.
- Ensure that customer payments on cash registers are done following the procedures of the IKEA Safety &Security Risk Manual.
- Ensure that the customer is in focus and meet the customers with a positive, friendly and service-minded attitude. Lead by example.
- Ensure speed and efficiency in the meeting with the customer through an effective use of IKEA solutions, such as self-service, effective staffing and mechanical sales techniques.
- Handle Customer Flow Analysis and document it. (twice a month, peak and non-peak)
- Develop, agree with the IKEA FOOD Manager and communicate to the team an annual action plan for IKEA FOOD commercial areas to execute the IKEA FOOD country and Function business plan. Monitor and evaluate the success of this plan in order to influence plans.
- Ensure implementation of the ADMIN manual and routines for cash handling.
- Utilize relevant tools such as Profit & Loss, KPI-report, Store Point, Commercial Review, CSI, and Voice in order to develop the business, yourself and your team.Ensure a safe working environment for co-workers and customers in accordance with all local health and safety regulations and HACCP standards.
- Ensure all foods prepared are according to menu card.Ensure an efficient organization of the Commercial areas and Production areas in relation to financial performance i.e. gross profits, costs, hours planning, productivity levels, absence management and holiday planning to agreed service levels.
- Control overall operating costs without jeopardizing the service level to the customer and food safety
- Effectively manage and inspire the team, with particular reference to their selection, training and
- development in order to ensure you have a competent and well-informed team who can meet our customer needs and expectations and have in place a workable and realistic succession plan.
- Coach direct reports in order for them to manage their teams in line with the HR guidance.
- Provide strong leadership to your team by your own example, creating an environment where the IKEA
- culture is a living reality that embraces the diversity of our co-workers.
- Lead and manage the IKEA FOOD Commercial team consisting of the Restaurant sales areas, Customer areas (including Co-worker restaurant), dish wash and Cafés (where applicable).
- Implement the IKEA FOOD concept to increase the sales of IKEA home furnishing products and support the IKEA position as the leading home furnishings company
Required Skills To Be Successful
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to build working relationships
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Proficient user of MS office applications.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Have business overview, analytical skills and tactical thinking
- Ability to read and analyse KPI’s & P&L
What Equips You For The Role
- 3 years food service management experience
- Preferably in a high volume business such as hotels or Restaurants.
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn