As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations. From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our customers. Not bad for a company you thought was just a mobile network provider, right? We’re here to prove we’re no one trick pony and our technology reach goes way further than you imagined. Read on to find out just how far….As Core & Roaming engineer, responsible for incident management, change management and configuration management related to Roaming domain with prime focus on service quality. Roaming (Inbound & Outbound) & Interconnect domain responsible to manage business stakeholders, relation with Interconnect Local Network, carriers & Roaming Partners Networks.
Responsible to perform a pivotal role implementing & troubleshooting with other stake holders and stabilize the Roaming experience for our customers & visitors.Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Administration, overseeing and follow up on upgrade plans with the vendor and Design team for iSBC, STP, NetAct, MCPTT, Interconnect and Roaming.
- Overseeing, handling, and following up on Roaming and Interconnect related topics
- Expert knowledge of IMS Core call flows and scenarios as per 3GPP, 3GPP TISPAN, GSMA IR, IEEE and ETSI, IETF standards, outstanding troubleshooting skills using internal/external tracing tools, Wireshark, IRIS, Tektronix, etc…
- Supervising vendors for all Roaming related incidents/problems follow-up
- End to end management and resolution of incident management process related to all roaming issues raised by VIP, Roaming Partners , International/local
- Responsible for maintaining E2E measurement data and network KPIs within agreed OLAs & SLAs, ensuring network reliability and availability with minimal MTTR through promoting strong incident and proactive problem management practices.
- Testing, Implementing, and launching of new International Voice/SS7 Carriers and Roaming Partners agreements.
- Handling SIGOS tool testing and administration based on the request received from the management, used to monitor the Roaming services for our Top Roaming partners.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) through Major Incident Reviews (MIR) with the Vendors and update KEDB documentations.
- Implement Carrier modifications to improve international voice quality and performance.
- Block/Un-block roaming partners as per Roaming Business team requests.
- Being the first point of contact for any escalation and critical Roaming related incidents.
- Execute and validate SW and HW bug fixes, release upgrades and expansions.
- Participate in an on-call Rota and flexible working hours (Night activities as required).
SkillsApply if you have:
- Bachelors in Telecom/Data/ Computer Science or in any relevant domain.
- Min 4 Years experience in Roaming experience with Operator OR Carrier
- Deep Knowledge on CS ,Telco cloud networking, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and software defined networking (SDN) will be add-on.
- Preferably ITIL foundation certified with good understanding of ITIL Service Operation like Incident Management, Problem management etc.
- Multiple trainings done as follows: STP, MSS/MGW, NTHLR, SDM, NetAct, VoLTE, One-NDS, Titan FW, NGN, LTE, EPC etc.
- Expert Level in User Plane Protocols and Transcoding: RTP, RTCP, secure RTP. Codec Transcoding, Codecs: AMR-WB, AMR2, UMTS AMR, G711a/u, FR AMR, HR AMR, EFR, GSM FR, GSM HR, G723, G729, G726, G722, G722.2
knowledge and experience of:
- Roaming Protocols
- Circuit Switching
- Preferable knowledge of NFV 2.0 Vmware Solution: vCenter, NSX, VCLOUD Director, vRealize solutions, and Nokia CBAM VNF Manager,
- Expert knowledge of CS Core Application Part protocols: SIP, SDP, H248, Diameter, CAP, MAP. GTPv2.
- Expert Knowledge in CS Use Cases: VoLTE, VoWIFI, VoBB, VoPots, SIP Phones, BRA/PRA PBX, IP PBX, SIP Trunking, and Centrex Services
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn