- Technical contribution: Acting as the lead for commissioning activities on a project. Ensuring that Hitachi Energy is presented as a professional organization in all interactions with the customer. Interfacing with customers and external providers for approval of plant acceptance criteria, open issues closure and performance tests. Coordinating site activities focused on finalizing customer acceptance certification. Representing the commissioning function at project meetings and design review meetings. Contributing to creation of the project commissioning philosophy. Managing implementation of the project commissioning philosophy. Creating standard processes and tools. Using agreed processes and procedures to ensure that all commissioning activities comply with the required safety regulations and satisfy contractual requirements. Knowledge & experience of third-party product and systems
- Sales support: Assisting in preparing proposal or presentation of engineering projects or programs provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.
- Contract management: Supporting contract managers in issuing claims new or change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc. Providing cost effective quality solutions as per customer requirement and delivers within budget and contract. Ensuring adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Planning and control: Creating work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Reviewing and approving scope, budget and schedule for assignments and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improving effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Risk and opportunity management: Conducting risk and opportunity assessments in real time during the commissioning phase to ensure safe implementation of the commissioning philosophy and identification of potential variation requests to support contract claims. Reporting any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Customer: Interacting with customers, officials, contractors and others. Attending project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Supply chain management: Collaborating with the supply chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed to with potential suppliers. Providing technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Maintaining network of engineering professionals and shares engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Processes and tools: Developing, selecting and applying standard techniques, procedures and tools. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reporting processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests ideas for improvements.
- People leadership and development: Coaching, providing support and technical advice to colleagues. Assigning tasks for and directs engineers, technicians and administrative staff. May functionally lead a small team
- Safety and integrity: Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience as a Commissioning Engineer of SAS system and products. Taken large and medium complex project in operation 2 to 4 years’ experience in IEC 61850.
- Knowledge of substation automation systems and different communication protocols. In-depth product knowledge of Hitachi Energy and competitor’s. Working knowledge & understanding of communication system on various protocols i.e., IEC101, IEC104.
- Sound knowledge of control and interlocking logics in substations. Knowledge of design tools – Visio.
- Proven problem solving & conflict resolution with a sound understanding where escalation is required.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask across many projects. Highly organized and efficient coordination skills.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn