Our client, an international law firm is wishing to recruit a senior accountant from the professional services sector for a newly created role. Must have worked in partnerships for a top-tier law firm or consulting firm.
- Preparation of monthly payroll file, including updates for new joiners, departures, salary changes, bonuses, etc. Coordinate review of payroll file with designated Firm professional.
- Preparation of annual budget files and mid-year forecast of budgeted expenses for Abu Dhabi, when needed.
- Preparation of select annual surveys and governmental reports.
- Coordination with external auditors and local tax service providers, when necessary.
- Prepare and upload select journal entries related to payroll, VAT, etc. and coordinate posting with designated Firm Accounting team members.
- Preparation and filing of the quarterly VAT return.
- Corporate credit card processing & management.
- Assist when necessary with Accounts Payable and expense report review and inquiries.
- Provide support for other operational accounting activities across European offices, as needed
Other ad hoc requests, as needed.
- Strong educational background. Undergraduate or Graduate degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on client service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Arabic language skills considered a plus.
Critical Competencies For Success
- Conducts self in a positive, professional manner.
- Willing to learn from multiple sources; able to apply gained skills across various responsibilities.
- Possess a sense of urgency and willingness to build effective working relationships with key members of the Firm.
- Proactive individual who uses common sense and a fact-based approach to address issues and communicate solutions.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Friendly, positive communicator capable of conversing at all levels.
- Capable of learning organizational and prioritization skills to assist in executing multiple tasks.
- Takes ownership and responsibility to complete assignments within the prescribed schedule.
- Team player who shares credit for accomplishments with others and keeps the Firm’s best interests foremost.
We are seeking to secure this person with a late Feb, or early March start date.Salary: up to 28,000 AED
VAT, monthly payroll , budget forecast, Accounts Payable
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn