Requisition ID: req37544
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Amman, Jordan
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose existences are shattered by conflict to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people impacted by conflict and the communities that support them. At work today in 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
The IRC Jordan program was established in 2007 in support of Iraqi refugees and expanded greatly to address the needs of people fleeing the conflict in Syria. Jordan, a country of 11 million, currently hosts more than 1,300,000 refugees, asylum seekers, and stateless persons. In Jordan, the IRC implements health, women’s protection and empowerment, early childhood development and economic recovery programming in eight governorates.
The Senior HR Officer will play a key role in supporting the human resources needs of an international non-governmental organization (INGO). The Senior HR Officer will be responsible for managing and implementing HR policies, procedures, and programs in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment will work closely with the Human resources manager to ensure the organization’s HR strategies align with the overall business objectives and are in compliance with international labor laws.
- Assist in reviewing the capacity of potential partners for the Partner Project and play a role in jointly evaluating and addressing any material risks identified.
- Contribute in Partnership Project Opening, Review, and Closure Meetings, such as the launch, review, and conclusion, to examine the accomplishments, difficulties, and insights gained from the partner and document successful HR strategies for future collaborations.
- Assist partners in developing and strengthening their own HR systems and capabilities, through training and mentoring, according to their specific project support plans, with an emphasis on meeting the unique needs of the partner.
- Assess the progress of training by administering evaluations before and after HR capacity-building initiatives to measure the improvement.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all information related to our partners
- Developing and implementing HR policies and procedures includes maintaining employee handbooks, guidelines, and procedures that align with the organization’s goals and comply with local laws and regulations.
- Collaborating with other departments and working closely with them with to ensure that HR strategies align with overall business objectives, and providing HR support and guidance to other departments as needed.
- Establish and enforce HR guidelines and regulations in accordance with laborlaw and regulations.
- Assist in the identification and selection of suitable candidates for open positions within the organization.
- Perform exit interviews with staff members who are leaving the organization, compile reports on the results, identify any areas for improvement, and provide recommendations for addressing those areas in the form of a plan.
- Ensure the smooth processing of new hires and terminations for staff, contractors, and volunteers, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Address and resolve any issues related to employee relations, and ensure conflicts are handled in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with labor laws and IRC regulations
- Prepare, distribute, and oversee agreements for staff volunteers, and consultants, and ensure proper renewals and extensions are made in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the learning and development manager to ensure that orientation and performance management processes are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of staff information on the HR systems.
- Handle the management of volunteers including selecting, onboarding, offboarding, payments, and training.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to HR Manager
Indirectly Reports to N/A
Other internal: All field staff – Amman-Field /HR-based Staff.
Other external: Relevant stakeholders, both government and INGOs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a human resources role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Strong ability to build relationships with employees and management in a culturally diverse environment
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working in an INGO or non-profit organization is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- English and Arabic fluency required.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn