American International University – Kuwait City
The Social Media Officer will perform a variety of tasks that revolve around social media. They will have access to the AIU social media channels and will be able to post approved content. They are expected to cover social media and related tasks to grow our channels through engaging and pro-active content. The Social Media Officer is responsible for tracking / maintaining / growing the University’s brand level social media presence across multiple brand outposts, which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other developing social media channels relevant to the University’s marketing strategy, via organic social activity.
- Serve as a productive and resourceful member of the department.
- Work with the team to develop social media coverage plan for various events and activities on or off campus.
- Produce ideas for engaging content and create plans for implementation.
- Shoot, produce and edit social media posts on the daily for Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and TikTok.
- Research and report on latest trends and provide suggestions to boost organic growth over all channels.
- Manage content and suggest effective cross-platform use of content.
- Review engagement via comments, likes, impressions and other simple analytics and create concise reports for the team to review.
- Maintain standards of content on all platforms and align content with the values and mission of AIU.
- Keep up to date with activities and comments from students, parents and general public and report back on noteworthy activity.
- Support the department on other projects beyond social media when required too.
- Provide translations for social media content and confidently post approved content in Arabic.
- Maintain confidentiality on all aspects of the position and on the subject matter handled by the department.
- Participate in outreach activities both on and off campus, at fairs, exhibitions, and schools, to capture high quality images and videos to be shared on social channels.
- Other duties assigned.
- Must possess skills to be able to explain and demonstrate the essential functions of the position. A proven record in handling social media channels.
- Fully bilingual. Fluent in Arabic and English. Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively at all levels within the University and to the community in English.
- Must have an outgoing personality with a strong work ethic.
- Must possess strong presentation, listening, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to organize tasks, be detailed oriented and work independently or as part of a team, completing job duties, projects, and assignments with general supervision and manage a number of tasks at once.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and composure working in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands.
- Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Demonstrated competency and experiences in the application and implementation of technology, particularly the use of social media.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard software applications.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Demonstrated experiences using computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, social media and database management.
- At least two years of experience in an office environment.
- Demonstrated experiences denoting excellent follow-up, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experiences interacting with multiple constituents; demonstrated flexibility, pleasant demeanor, professional appearance, and an ability to deal with changing and multiple priorities, frequent interruptions and a wide variety of personalities.
About American International University:
AIU is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait with the first student cohort admitted in fall 2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the American model of higher education. Through its educational programs, the College serves the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU’s offers degree programs in Engineering, Architecture, and Design, and Business Administration where the language of instruction is English.
For more information about AIU visit: www.aiu.edu.kw
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn