• Identify user requirements, intended purposes and use of foresights and insights products and user experience aspirations.
• Identify and apply legal and regulatory requirements that apply to data visualisation for foresights and insights products.
• Identify and apply best practices and non-regulatory conventions that apply to data visualisation for foresights and insights products.
• Research, test and prototype static and dynamic visualisation tools, systems and new methods.
• Design intuitive and attractive static and interactive data visualisations (e.g., heat maps, histograms, scatter plots, graphs and charts).
• Design layouts and displays following designs, quality standards and specific content types.
• Prepare concepts for transforming data sets and analysis into visual narratives.
• Apply internal abstract data visualisations for different data sets using machine learning algorithms and A/B testing.
• Apply data mapping for spatial data; develop or recommend the acquisition of programmes that can generate spatial data displays.
• Define content requirements and user directions for data communication in different displays.
• Enable users to select different visual displays, linked to different parameters and axes and apply visual querying; enable visual analytics and interoperability with different software; enable exploratory analysis through interactive analytical capabilities.
• Apply R integration and web-based programming to provide advanced capabilities and self-service.
• Prepare test protocols and test scripts to test visualisations in a variety of contexts against relevant criteria (e.g., accessibility, interoperability).
• Contribute to Section projects, as required, e.g., with plans and reports.
• Carry out work tasks, as instructed.
• Comply with SCAD policies and procedures.
• Maintain own knowledge and develop expertise in data visualisation and related domains.