The Specification Engineer is responsible for generating new business by taking up qualified construction leads and assisting in the preparation of proposals specifying the organization’s products and solutions. The role fosters long-term relationships with consultants, architects, and main contractors leading to increased market penetration and achieving company growth.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees, enforcing ethical business practices.
- Search for new customers who might profit from the company’s products and solutions, exploring qualified construction leads from the generation system (ventures onsite), demonstrating products and solutions, and persuading consultants, architects, and main contractors of the benefits of these products or solutions, leading to new project proposals now and in the future, developing long-term relationships with consultants, architects and main contractors and professional relationships within the organization, specifying the company’s products and solutions in the proposal thus supporting the achievement of the business development objectives.
- Support consultants, architects and main contractors pre-sale and post-sale by demonstrating proper installation procedures, ensuring engineering standards and practices have been followed, providing product training, and supporting their technical needs. Share technical knowledge with the Sales team, building up their technical product knowledge and preparing technical and marketing collateral (e.g. technical manual, installation guides, presentations, data sheets) for the Business Development and Marketing teams.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing staff on the use of all resources and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by including but not limited to attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies in person or virtually.
Note: The accountabilities listed above are not permanently fixed and can be reviewed and modified from time to time depending on organizational and business requirements.
Qualification Required (min)
Education (Degree) – University Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn