At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
Careem’s Supply managers are the backbone of the organisation. They are the ones leading our teams to provide top-notch Captain support, growing the Supply, and managing the day-to-day operations in the most effective manner. Owning all KPIs across the whole supply funnel, our Supply Managers are responsible for sourcing and on-boarding our new captains, for utilising existing captains in the most efficient way and to deliver world class captain support. We look for Supply Managers that are passionate and highly driven and do whatever it requires to achieve our ambitious supply growth targets. As a Supply Manager you are on a clear development path to an Operations Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate with all operations teams to ensure our captain supply acquisition, retention, engagement and customer experience is all intermingling smoothly and thereby meet our company’s growth targets
- Own the city setup and configurations to optimise customer experience, supply growth and performance Use a data driven approach to understand underlying reasons for supply shortage and drive initiatives to ensure optimal supply utilisation
- Deep dive to analyse the end to end journey from app opening to ride completion, and drive initiatives to ensure best marketplace KPIs
- Supervising all captain support channels to ensure our captains are receiving world class support
- Drive effective captain loyalty and engagement programs to ensure strong captain retention and increase captain lifetime value
- Lead and develop a team of high performers
What You Will Need
- 5-7 years work experience in a similar role
- BSc in Industrial engineer is preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities, mastery of Excel is required. Bonus points for technical ability in SQL/Python/Tableau
- Experience in defining solutions to complex, strategic topics with a deeply analytical and structured approach to issues
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Self-starter – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Qualitative individual who has a knack for leading people as well as understanding their concerns
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn