About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives . Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are inspired by working together in fast paced and complex environments and energized by achieving success and results. You act the IKEA culture and values. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Post Graduate Certification, Graduate in Computer Science or IT Engineering
- Microsoft Navision Certification or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in Retail’ applications mid-management role
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics ERP(Navision, CRM), LS-Retail retail solution, Microsoft SQL Server, C/SIDE C/AL development language
- Proficient functional knowledge on the following MS Dynamics NAV/Business Central Modules: Inventory & Stock, Warehousing, Financial & Costing knowledge, Sales Module, Customer Relations.
- BI applications –QlikView/Sense or equivalent
- Strong strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
- Proven ability to recognize issues and develop business solutions
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering ,application testing and reporting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for communicating complex technical issues to both peers and non-technical co-workers
- Ability to communicate with all level of stakeholder management.
- Experience to work in fast paced environment in Agile methodologies
About The Role
You manage all existing and new business applications to support the IKEA business strategy across all territories that fall under the Al-Futtaim Group. You are responsible for working with the clients on Microsoft Dynamics NAV engagements including new system implementations, upgrades, and/or extensions of existing applications. You have the ability to scope out work, manage/oversee other resources on Projects. Quality control, testing and system solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity as well as support business goals. You identify and communicate business needs and translate business requirements into technical system requirements and functional specifications.
You emphasis on implementing various Service Packs & Hot Fixes and various IT tools for the IKEA stores within the UAE, Qatar, Egypt and Oman with clearly defined business process & working methods that are in line within the IKEA concept & Al-Futtaim Group’ framework and guidelines.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Design and develop components & solutions in MS Dynamics NAV/Business Central application for all functional areas within the business.
- Collaborate with other Functional Leads – Project Execution to deliver a seamless global project execution model. Gather and effectively use data to deliver continuous improvement.
- Ensure on time delivery, quality and cost effectiveness of all functional MS NAV/Business Central projects and enhancement activities to ensure that it is delivered within the guidelines of the delivery methodology.
- Analyze and contribute to functional specifications provided by business users and produce technical specifications in line with agreed standards.
- Ensure completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of the solution while identifying the gaps or challenges (if any).
Digital & Multi-Channel Retailing
- Manage & implement quarterly Service Packs & Hot Fixes with no or minimal impact to the day to day business operations in all 3 countries.
- Support the MV-Microsoft Dynamics (Navision), Microsoft CRM 365, MV QlikView / QlikSense, Online Checkout – the IKEA IT infrastructure – ensuring all departments and functionalities are utilised to the full.
- Implement the Global-IKEA and Al-Futtaim Group’ strategy through delivering the global e-Commerce & One-Web platform to support multi-channel sales, direct to customers and Promoting B2B (Business 2 Business) sales Digital solution integration with MV Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Dynamics 365
- Ensure Digital solution integration with MV Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Dynamics 365
Principal Tools & Relation
- Work closely with Global support team for all centralised IT tools (IXP [EDI], IRW, e-Commerce, PTAG plus, Catalogue production, IKEA Toolbox etc.) which are owned and provided by the principal to ensure effective implementation and seamless integration.
Business Operational Support
- Povide efficient users’ & operational support for all local & international retail functions (Stores, Pickup Points, Service Office, E-Commerce, Central Unit) and External warehouse operations
- Conducts gap analysis and uses analytical skills to identify root cause and assist with problem management.
- Closely work with IKEA & Inter-IKEA Global IT team to support/rollout principle provided tools for co-workers & our customers
- Manage and prioritize support tickets in request system (Jira) to meet agreed Service Level Agreements
- Administer all on premise SQL databases to ensure there is continuous Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring/troubleshooting tools.
Audit & Compliance
- Responsible to periodically review & audit applications & database authorizations matrix, Roles & permissions and ensure compliance as per IKEA Global & Al-Futtaim Audit.
- Work/Administer various ETL activities also ensuring proper documentations/approvals are in place.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn