Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
We have been present in Saudi Arabia for 40 years and with over 600 employees to date, we are growing rapidly. Together we are delivering our signalling, control and train protection systems for the North –South Railway (NSR), the longest system of it’s kind in the world. Together we are key suppliers of In-flight entertainment and connectivity systems as well as air traffic management solutions in Saudi. We are making Saudi Arabia a safer place by securing the country’s critical infrastructure and e-security solutions that secure the country’s electronic payment systems. Thales has been selected to supply major electronic systems for air defence and the Group also supplied communication and optronic systems for the Army, the Saudi Arabia National Guards and the Air Force.
- The system engineer analyzes the operational needs, contribute to the analysis of the architectures, the functions, and the major properties of the systems such as safety, security, and human factors in compliance with customer requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Systems Engineer shall be having the following roles and responsibilities;
- Involvement from early stage of the Bid:
- Assess the best solutions
- Write Technical Proposal
- Prepare Bill of Quantities
- Perform the engineering requirements analysis
- Provides required technical documentation:
Involvement In Projects
- Input/output requirement for Interfaces Management
- Input for Installation Management
- Prepare the Operation and Maintenance documentations and training material
- Reports and follow-up the KPIs for the sub-system
- Participate to progress meetings
- Analyses and Correct the Problem Changes Request
- Provide support in the design of security solutions for transport projects and the preparation of their documentation (conceptual design, high level, detailed, tests, etc.).
- Carry out the analysis, preparation and implementation of equipment and system testing protocols for the integration and commissioning of systems and equipment for security systems (CCTV, access control, intrusion, video analysis, etc.), including the configuration of their parameters for use in the network.
- Prepare the documentation for the installation of the systems and documentation for the final delivery (as-built) to the client.
- Provide support in carrying out acceptance tests with the client, and subsequent support in the warranty phase in the event of hidden failures.
- Converts customer requirements into conceptual designs and prepares associated documentation by performing operational analyses, simulations and technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features.
- Creates new concepts or modifies existing concepts to fulfill customer requirements.
- Performs technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements details.
- Formulates and supports preparation of design and development proposals based on the knowledge of Access Control and CCTV and customer requirements.
- Accurately reports work progress and estimates to complete against work packages assigned by his/her lead/manager
In Integration and VV Phase;
- Define and implement System Engineering and IVVQ Plans
- To evaluate the design, behavior, interactions and performance of the solution or solution element and to confirm through provision of objective evidence that the requirements against which it has been designed are fulfilled.
- To provide integration and verification test data, environments and resources in accordance with the IVVQ strategy.
- To verify that all the necessary conditions for conducting the integration, verification and technical qualification activities at the appropriate level are met.
- To confirm that integration and verification activities are complete with objective evidence that the solution meets the requirements (apart from operational environment). To confirm that the product data packages of solution elements are accurate and detailed enough for release to production.
- To assess the readiness of solution elements before launching the validation and final qualification of the solution.
- To acquire objective evidence that the solution fulfills its intended use when placed in its intended environment, as defined in the contract (or any other formal agreement).By executing the validation procedures in accordance with the validation plan.
Work Experience Requirements
- 10 years of Experience on various Systems Engineering
Qualification, Certification & Educational Requirements
Bachelors in Electrical / Electronic / Computer / IT or relevant Engineering
Skills on following engineering subjects;
Technical Tasks and teams management
Technical Effort Assessment
Qualification, Verification, and Validation
Able to work under tight schedule, technical and operational constraints Flexibility on work as project or company needs High sense of responsibilities and ownership Able to use engineering tools and processes
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn