The Tax Counsel’s role is to support the Group Tax team from a legal and advisory perspective. The Tax Counsel shall act as the focal contact point with various internal functions to ensure their understanding of the tax implications of business decisions, compliance with external laws and internal policies/procedures and assistance in setting up tax efficient business models where possible.
- To lead and liaise on behalf of the Group Tax Team with multiple functions within the Hikma Group including, but not limited to, the Business Development Department, Global Legal Department, Business Units for the Group, but with a particular focus on MENA related tax matters.
- To provide tax advice to the Group’s internal functions (business development, finance, legal etc) on the tax implications and costs associated with intragroup and third-party deals for various operational projects from a tax perspective.
- To review the tax and transfer pricing terms and implications of third party agreements related to business transactions, tax audits, etc.
- To assist the Group’s transfer pricing team in documenting the Group’s transfer pricing functional analysis where necessary.
- To advise, draft, review and discuss intercompany legal agreements taking into consideration, and working closely, with the Group’s transfer pricing and legal teams.
- To assist the Global Head of Tax and the wider Group Tax teams in the drafting and preparation of tax strategies, proposals and presentations to the Board of Directors and the Group’s Executive Committee.
- To draft, review, document and retain tax policies and procedures as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Minimum: A degree in business law or related field with a tax focused experience at a law firm or Big Four accountancy firms
- Preferred: A background in tax accountancy
- Minimum: 6 years of professional work experience in a related field
- Preferred: 8-10 years professional work experience in a related field
- Independent and proactive who is proficient in identifying tax issues and articulating related tax provisions in line with applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to interact with both internal and external stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail and precision in the review of facts and applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills in articulating outcomes of analysis and methodology of doing so to both tax practitioners and non-tax practitioners
- Leadership skills needed to be able to lead individuals and delegate as necessary
- Proficient experience in MS office applications
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn