About the job
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Technical Accounting Advisor to join the Controller’s Organization within the Finance, Strategy & Development business line in This Company. The Controller’s Organization acts as This Company’s primary representative for financial and income tax reporting to management by producing the Company’s consolidated financial statements, subsidiaries’ financial statements, and other management reports. The Controller’s Organization also provides controls/governance, accounting and advisory services related to This Company’s interests. The Controller Organization actively seeks compliance of all organizations regarding controls over financial reporting and generally achieving good corporate governance throughout the Company.
- Research accounting literature and provide analysis, recommendations, and responses on accounting matters.
- Prepare confidential and technical financial accounting papers.
- Review transaction agreements to ensure compliance with This Company’s controls.
- Assess control and governance environments within This Company’s group and document the results.
- Provide joint venture and M&A integration support from a financial accounting perspective.
- Offer ad hoc financial expertise as required.
- Possess a strong understanding of IFRS standards and their applicability within a variety of industries, especially the energy industry.
- Establish personal credibility with both internal and external clients and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Plan, prioritize, and coordinate team workload to meet critical deadlines.
- Deliver high-quality work and proactively overcome issues and challenges to ensure timely delivery.
- Possess financial analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate industry and individual company information and comprehend advanced accounting topics.
- Work with minimal supervision and have good project management skills.
- Offer logical and innovative solutions to complex issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent with professional certifications such as CPA, CA, ACCA, or CMA. A graduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in industries such as public accounting, accounting policy, IFRS interpretation, internal auditing, financial statement consolidation, financial analysis, financial statement preparation, accounting research, mergers and acquisitions, taxation, process/change management, or strategy/management consulting.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting policies and procedures established pursuant to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and a strong understanding of the content of financial statements prepared within the IFRS framework.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting policies and procedures in the oil and gas industry and the ability to conduct research on an IFRS or This Company accounting or financial reporting matter.
- Demonstrated capability to make presentations or lead meetings, including at the executive level. Leadership skills are desirable.
- Proficiency in both oral and written English and Arabic is required.
- SAP or equivalent ERP systems experience is highly desirable.
- Specific operational experience in energy-related activities, infrastructure, utilities (public and/or private), joint ventures and subsidiaries, government sector, non-profits, and public administration would be desirable.
- Specific corporate business integration experience would also be desirable (startup experience and related activities).
- Candidates should have accounting-focused professional licenses and/or other forms of continuing professional education.
Apply for Job
For More jobs
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn